Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:06 AM

I have been riding 34 years this year. I just can't wrap my head around how building entry level machines could ruin off-road riding. It doesn't mean KTM or GasGas will stop manufacturing race machines. It just means more options for different skill levels or riding style.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:21 AM

I will give you a for instance...

I have my wife on a GG250f with a kouba link and the front end down in the triple clamps. Needless to say it doesn't handle as it should.

She had a 150f, 230f, KX100, and some quads. Yet there is no bike out there that fits what she wants. I even took a 230 and put a works shock and crf250 suspension on it.

She can ride beyond the 230f (The KX100 was just a bad idea even with a flywheel weight) and the 230 was real heavy to pick up now that she is in her 50's. The GG is better but messing with the suspension to get the seat height it doesn't handle the way it should. She continues to march on because she wants to be with the family.

I would LOVE to get her a capable off road bike that was about 220-230 pounds. Electric start with a 33-34" seat height. It just isn't out there.

Oddly enough the AJP MAY have something with the PR3 but that is yet to be seen.

During my brief visit to the hills of TN with Gasser we talked bikes for 2 days and both came to the conclusion that there is a market for a vehicle like that. Shoot, in 7 or so years I may want something like that.

Oh and by the way I would be willing to pay to get it, and I am POSITIVE I know other husbands that would too. If Momma is riding the whole family gets to ride, but I have seen it in our club all too often if the wife does not ride something eventually they drop their membership because they are too busy with other things. I think I could make the arguement that some trail capable lightweight bikes with lower seat height could rejuvenate the sales of motorcycles and offroading in general...because then you are buying for the whole family.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:31 AM
Banned

This is a dumb argument!

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
This is a dumb argument!

LOL, pretty much!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Banned

Forgiven-Noobi
You can still do all that today.

Just about everything made in China now.
Many companies who used to make a quality product,forget the price are gone.
They do not exist,and in this economy they aren't coming back.
Quality is down,price remains the same or climbs.
Less for more.

You'll be buying your dirtbikes from Walmart in the future.
The consumer decides.

The guy on the bike in the video nailed it.

Forgiven one more thing.
The past is relative to the future in all things.

Have you noticed that America in general is unfit these days as opposed to 20 years ago and more.Look at old race pictures.Motocross back in the day,enduro the old gncc guys.Don't just look at the racers look at the people in the crowd.A fitter more athletic generation.Fast forward 20 years.
Do you notice that kids hardly play outside anymore.
Rather be on the computer,text or play video games?
Its about trend.

Don't get wound up,if you think that's nonsense if it sounds like I'm making all that up and absolutey no truth at all to it great.

Make an argument on the topic.
No reason to go crazy on a guy.
Different mentalities not a big deal.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
This is a dumb argument!

LOL, pretty much!

I agree...however

Sweeper-reread your post and your last reply.

There is MORE quality right now in motorcycles than there ever has been in the past. I have a 2006 YZ250f (loved that 5 valve motor) with over 150 hours and have only inspected the valves. I am now putting a top end in the GG300 at close to 300 hours.

Cheap junk will come and go and they will be at walmart. There is always going to be industry leaders and you will pay for quality.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven View Post
I will give you a for instance...

I have my wife on a GG250f with a kouba link and the front end down in the triple clamps. Needless to say it doesn't handle as it should.

She had a 150f, 230f, KX100, and some quads. Yet there is no bike out there that fits what she wants. I even took a 230 and put a works shock and crf250 suspension on it.

She can ride beyond the 230f (The KX100 was just a bad idea even with a flywheel weight) and the 230 was real heavy to pick up now that she is in her 50's. The GG is better but messing with the suspension to get the seat height it doesn't handle the way it should. She continues to march on because she wants to be with the family.

I would LOVE to get her a capable off road bike that was about 220-230 pounds. Electric start with a 33-34" seat height. It just isn't out there.

Oddly enough the AJP MAY have something with the PR3 but that is yet to be seen.

During my brief visit to the hills of TN with Gasser we talked bikes for 2 days and both came to the conclusion that there is a market for a vehicle like that. Shoot, in 7 or so years I may want something like that.

Oh and by the way I would be willing to pay to get it, and I am POSITIVE I know other husbands that would too. If Momma is riding the whole family gets to ride, but I have seen it in our club all too often if the wife does not ride something eventually they drop their membership because they are too busy with other things. I think I could make the arguement that some trail capable lightweight bikes with lower seat height could rejuvenate the sales of motorcycles and offroading in general...because then you are buying for the whole family.
HM Honda has something that will work, me thinks. Getting one here in the States is another story.

2T and 4T versions. Kick or estart.

Video: 1:10 he hits the estart

http://www.hmmoto.it/it/prodotti/CRE-Six-Comp-2T-13#

estart 2T

Old 04-08-2014, 08:55 AM

37" seat
Old 04-08-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven View Post
37" seat

Sag will get you close.

Shoot, I rode my GG the other day without all my typical gear and it felt tall. With all my gear on, it is perfect.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Banned

I see quality products disappearing quite rapidly actually.Many industry leaders in that mix.These "lower lines" offered by established quality manufacturers in many cases is the beginning of the end for that manufacturer.

The crap remains the same.