Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 03-25-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I'll give a more detailed report in a few days. I'm also using a 15.9cSt fluid.
Which one ?

Old 03-25-2014, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Amsoil Shock Therapy #5. Its reasonably priced (cheaper than anything else I can pick up locally). I've been using it in my Ohlins gear for some times now and been happy with how slippy it is and how well it holds up. Continues to come out looking pretty well even after more hours than recommended.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Amsoil Shock Therapy #5. Its reasonably priced (cheaper than anything else I can pick up locally). I've been using it in my Ohlins gear for some times now and been happy with how slippy it is and how well it holds up. Continues to come out looking pretty well even after more hours than recommended.
That is good to know, I have 2 quarts(or its metric equivalent) sitting on the shelf for my next oil change.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2014, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator

Of course, a single round of doing both inners and outers uses a touch more than whats in a single bottle
Old 03-27-2014, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Of course, a single round of doing both inners and outers uses a touch more than whats in a single bottle
True, I thought I would test it out on my wife's bike w/45 zokes first. Her bike always seems to be the test bunny for stuff like this...

Now that I wrote that, that sounds really bad!!

How many cc's or ml's did you put in the inner cartridges?

Old 03-27-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
True, I thought I would test it out on my wife's bike w/45 zokes first. Her bike always seems to be the test bunny for stuff like this...

Now that I wrote that, that sounds really bad!!

How many cc's or ml's did you put in the inner cartridges?

Spec for inner chamber is 210cc, but some guys are putting in less to reduce the preload on the PFP spring.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 03-27-2014, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

I avoided filling the inners by volume and instead followed the manuals oil level spec. I was filling from the vacuum pump and bleeding the piston by hand. Then I used the vac pump to pull the oil level back to 135mm from the top of the cart (with shaft extended). Lifted the cart to the stop of the stroke and slowly installed the base valve. Once all snugged up when cycling the shaft I did so quite quickly and got one big fart sounding purge of air. No further audible purges noted. Both carts returned at the same rate, and would only just return to the fully extended position on their own with no play. Cycling the cart with my ear against it no sound of air internally.

Next time I wouldn't mind following a different method of over filling and purging.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

So I think they'll need a little more tweaking yet.

Ended up at PFP 1 turn in, 20 comp, 12 rebound. I managed to bottom the forks hard (CLUNK) but it was off a meter high ledge. They seemed to work quite well when pushing them, through woops, bog holes, ledges etc. One section that was 3rd/4th gear on the pipe they soaked everything up and felt great. Over water bars no issues with bottoming, but they did feel like they would spike a little on the square edges. No major deflections or snatching bars from the hands, but still a bit of room to improve. I think thats not surprising with 0.4mm float on the stacks I'm running. Pretty tight for an enduro 2T. I think I'll open it up to 0.5 or 0.55mm at the next service and see where I end up.

I never tried the PFP at 0 either, so that could be an option. PFP at 2 felt ok, but much firmer across the board.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:25 AM

Can you tell us your stack? I'm going for another revalve next week and I'd like to clue in my tuner.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Shouldn't your tuner be clueing you in? I imagine they'd know a lot more than me. My stacks are much more like something you would find in a set of KYBs.

At one point yesterday I jagged the edge of a log which I hadn't seen and it deflected me quite a bit and I took a dirt sample. At that time I was running faster rebound, with a firmer comp setting and overall it didn't feel as settled.

I think I'm going to keep riding the setup as is for now and really get a feel for what its doing.. Then make some adjustments at next revalve. Probably just change the float. I should try PFP at 0 with a bit more compression too.