Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Other...

Old 03-11-2012, 10:02 AM

Default Finaly bought a Gasgas 300! ( with problems)

Hello everyone! Bought a Gasgas ec 300 2006 a couple of days ago! Planning to take it to the woods later today. I got 2 problems with it. The biggest of the problems is the ?hlins rear shock, realy bouncy, tryed too adjust the shock return, but no different. Also looks like it?s leaking oil. The manual says that a normal set up is 18-25 clicks out from bottom on the screw, the thing is that it?s not even clicking, just a regular screw. Idead? Planning to leave it to service. Any hint on service price?

Problem nr 2 is electrical. Yesterday i put every thing back on the bike, as lightning , horn etc. The guy i bougth it from had made a own system.

Now everything works exept for the RPM meter, it workt when i started, but no more. Read somewhere that a yellow cabel under the seat should connect to a blue/white striped. tryed this but it didn?t help. Ideas?

Old 03-11-2012, 11:21 AM

I would say you need a shock rebuild and seal. had to do my 2011 last year too.
Is an rpm gauge really that important on a dirt bike? It's probably a loose connector at the unit or the coil.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:23 AM

Your shock needs rebuilt, its about 150 dolars(it can be more if it needs more than just seals, oil and gas) at a dealer or suspension shop around hear, in nova scotia canada. The rebound adjuster doesnt click if the shock is leaking it will work again once the shock is rebuilt.
Some guys are capable of rebuilding shocks themselves but im not one of them I pay a shop to do it.