Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 01-17-2014, 01:22 AM

I certainly noticed the vibe difference also. I wonder if like you say the top mounts make a difference? Maybe pop them off your 10 and see if it changes?

I do love the suspension front and rear!! I put the same spring in as you from memory but I'm weighing in at 95kg Nude and i wouldn't want a heavier spring thats for sure.

Nato

Old 01-17-2014, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

How much preload are you running on it Nath? I only set mine up with around 8mm. Did you go up a rate on the forks at all? I may drop back to the 5.2 again, although I did notice that kicking a bit and felt that it wanted to g-out a bit. Never bottomed it hard though.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:54 PM

Mate I honestly don't remember. But tge kicking on mine was easily adjusted out. And when the back end was where I liked it the front end felt very resposive. I am running a lighter pfp spring and standard main spring. It needs the next one up though.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I know some have said their Q silencers don't spooge.. well mine does with Amsoil at 45:1

The N3EH#2 felt a bit lean on the needle. Just a bit flat and not as strong as a half a clip richer is, so I'm going back to the trusty 40 N3CW#3, but I'll keep the 175 main for now. Bike still ran quite well over the 80kms or so we rode this morning. Lot of following cattle tracks through tight country. Good times and was lucky to get out of 2nd gear. The bike will definitely be a bit better with a 50T rear sprocket. Anyone know if I'll need to add a few links to the chain to slide it in? Should be able to just adjust the tension and sneak it in I'm hoping.

Suspension. It was wet again. Forks felt quite compliant over the small stuff, but I think was blowing through the stroke on the bigger things a bit. It looked as if they had been using all their stroke (clean) but we didn't do anything close to fast or rough. The shock with the 5.4 felt super harsh in comparison to how it rode last time with the 5.2. Its strange because it still felt like it was plush initially, but as soon as I got into some chop at speed it kicked and deflected everywhere. Possibly it was blowing through too? To the suspension guru's, what rate springs would you be looking at. I'm 75kgs without gear. Probably at least 95kgs with spare tube, tools, everything else.

Those 2 piece rad shrouds suck bat. Managed to have them unclip once already. Might have snapped the tip off one of the lugs. Also not really happy with the fitment of the gromets now the rad guards are on. Any suggestions regarding improving the fit and finish?
Jake
Here is the discussion about fixing the Rad Shrouds....

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...=mcmaster+carr
Old 01-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Stu. Seems more about a lower fixture point than the upper though.

Back to the suspension. Shock in particular.. Where has everyone else ended up on the clickers??

Is it possible to slide the shock out without flipping the subframe up?
Old 01-18-2014, 05:28 PM

Yes. Search GMP. He had it down to a science!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2014, 05:31 PM

Here it is.

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13281

Old 01-18-2014, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuJohnson View Post
Here it is.

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13281

Edit: Removing through the bottom didn't work well for me and just ended up with banging clanging and bad words being thrown around. Much easier just to remove the silencer, remove the lower bolts on the swing arm, loosen the top (and the airboot) and swing the lot up.

I'm lazy.. thanks for doing the searching for me.. Now to decide to try the 5.2 again or stick with the 5.4

I think maybe with some heavier fork springs it wouldn't feel so hard in the rear.. decisions decisions..

Last edited by Jakobi; 01-18-2014 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Went back to the 5.2 rate with 10mm preload again. This put my sag perfect as per intial setup. What kind of figures are everyone running?

Also, it might be more of a thread for thumpertalk, but just wondering. Spring rate vs valving. Are there any advantages to one or the other? Ie heavier spring with less comp damping and more rebound, or vice versa?
Old 01-19-2014, 03:15 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I settled on 5.2 10mm preload 100mm sag. 160lbs rider weight. But the shock has a weird rebound kick on certian hits I couldn't get rid of without a revalve.