Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 12-19-2014, 01:15 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Isotopic super finish, is it worth it?

As title says, this winter I am planning to strip my sm 250 fit a 300 kit, get it ported and polished and go through the whole engine/gearbox, has anyone had the isotopic super finish done to there gearboxes before?if so what where the results ?

Old 12-19-2014, 02:31 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall-griffiths View Post
As title says, this winter I am planning to strip my sm 250 fit a 300 kit, get it ported and polished and go through the whole engine/gearbox, has anyone had the isotopic super finish done to there gearboxes before?if so what where the results ?
Road race guys LOVE the gear box surface treatment. I would make sure that the gears are in good condition prior to applying the finish, as it smooths out the surfaces. Having a marginal surface or corner would probably be exacerbated by the finish application. That being said, I have heard nothing but rave reviews on the surface treatment for the gears.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:02 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Hopefully box will be good, regular oil changes no swarf and changes nicely, is it worth getting this done to the clutch basket Ect to?