Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Mid-West Forum

Old 05-23-2010, 10:35 PM

Default "Exotic Bike" Trail Ride

Now that the "Taste Test" is over, maybe we can start thinking about an exotic bike trial ride ... you know, anything not manufactured by Yamahonkazuki, and maybe even the orange fellows. Let's gather up all of the Husky's, 'Bergs, VORs, TMs, and of course Gassers and hit the trail.
Suggestions wanted for date and place, remembering that Valley Trail in Bentley MI has an enduro in the middle of June.

Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters

Old 05-24-2010, 08:27 AM

depending on how "mid west" is defined, there are some state trails in Minnesota that are pretty good, but depending on who would go to the trail ride, it might be more central, or maybe somewhere in Wisconsin. sounds like a good idea though. i don't know that i would exclude KTM, for how big they are, i still say KTM to people and they still give me the "der..... huh? what is that some weird European POS?" so no matter how big they are, they're still European and still in the same odd-ball exotic boat with the rest of us. but ya, if we could get one together that would be a great idea!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:46 AM

Default MN Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
depending on how "mid west" is defined, there are some state trails in Minnesota that are pretty good, but depending on who would go to the trail ride, it might be more central, or maybe somewhere in Wisconsin. sounds like a good idea though. i don't know that i would exclude KTM, for how big they are, i still say KTM to people and they still give me the "der..... huh? what is that some weird European POS?" so no matter how big they are, they're still European and still in the same odd-ball exotic boat with the rest of us. but ya, if we could get one together that would be a great idea!
What are your favorite MN trails?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:44 PM

well i just got my bike last winter and moneys been tight as of late, so i havnt actually had the bike off our farm, but my girlfriend and her dad both absolutely love Akeley, and i plan to go there sometime this month to ride with some friends. akeley is where two D23 enduros are held, and offer tons of trails, along with camping space. like i said it depends on who all would be interested and where they would be coming from. cus if theres suddenly alot of interest from a half dozen guys in western north dakota, and next to nothing from michigan, then minnesota may work better, but if most of the interest is in wisconsin and michigan, then someplace out there may be more suitable. im all for the idea and if the pay check god and the time god smile apon me then i might even be able to show up! im no expert in planning stuff, but maybe some form of poll could be set up to see how many people would be interested, and where there from, as well as suggestions to time and place. id love to see something like this happen, if i could find the time and gas money!