Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:02 PM

Default Apt smart carb settings database, please post your settings

Which smart carb:
Which bike:
Altitude:
Adjustment knob setting(how many clicks out from full rich):
Other engine mods:
Comments:

Which smart carb: 38mm billet

Which bike: gasgas ec300, 2009. 50:1 dominator

Altitude: 3000-9000 ft idaho, it's a very dry climate

Adjustment knob setting(how many clicks out from full rich): 61 clicks

Other engine mods: RB-Designs squish mod

Comments: I rode it all summer with the sc. the bike runs better and more powerfully than before Rb mod and smart carb, saw a slight improvement in gas mileage(5-8 miles more range OEM tank). Smooth powerful low end, much more over rev. Never made any changes to settings at higher elevations, bike ran better than when I had the carb, but not a panacea it had less hp at 9000 ft, but it ran better. Mine has gotten hard to start cold, for whatever reason, real pain in the ass, like I have to have starter fluid handy at times. Once warm, easy to start, just a jab and it's running. The bike rips now. I might go leaner, plug shows sight richness, not sure what to make of that. Overall happy, but I wish it would start easier, and I was hoping for better mpg.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:11 AM

The only time I find mine hard to start is if iv forgot to turn the fuel off , otherwise is first or second kick , this problem only came after I fitted the tip over valves .
My bike rips too
Old 11-27-2013, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Its a bit pointless comparing them unless if you are going to specify the actual metering rod you are using. I have 3 different ones all at 3 different lengths, so comparisons here are null. What makes it even more challenging is that none are engraved or anything.

Maybe include float height in the setup. Other small variances include where the nozzle sits in the body (below, flush, a little above).

The clicker is a bit inconsistant so a measurement of length is probably more accurate, if you were intent on measuring length.

Looking forward to hearing about the first batch of cast models. They should all send out the same, and as such make it easier to give a steady flow of info.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:32 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Its a bit pointless comparing them unless if you are going to specify the actual metering rod you are using. I have 3 different ones all at 3 different lengths, so comparisons here are null. What makes it even more challenging is that none are engraved or anything.

Maybe include float height in the setup. Other small variances include where the nozzle sits in the body (below, flush, a little above).

The clicker is a bit inconsistant so a measurement of length is probably more accurate, if you were intent on measuring length.

Looking forward to hearing about the first batch of cast models. They should all send out the same, and as such make it easier to give a steady flow of info.
And that ends that thread.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

I just installed mine again for round 2 of testing. Starting with a fresh piston just like last time. Initial ride report around the bloke feels like dejavu. Not hopeful.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:17 PM

I have been playing with my billet sc, and I have to say i am happy with it. Its working well now. I have decided to stop chasing my tail (i.e. perfect jetting). Very curious about the cast version. looking forward to your review if you do one.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:27 AM

Have any of you billet owners out there retro-fitted the improved float from the cast unit? I think mine sticks on me from time to time. I've been having similar cold starting issues like IDAHOSPUD.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:19 AM

The only time I have cold start issues is of I forget to turn my fuel off , this problem came after I fitted the tip over valves .
I don't turn fuel on now until bike has fired up , usually a few kicks .
Old 12-13-2013, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator

Mine seems to start easy enough. Runs rough as guts and smokey until its up to temp. After a few good hard pulls it clears its throat and runs well. Not sure how it'll behave after a good hard luggin session. I imagine it'll likely load up a bit. Still has that richness on the bottom end. At least it makes good torque like this.

Tags
apt smart carb database