Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2020, 09:25 PM

Default Should I buy it?

Hey guys. I?m a long time Gasgas EC 300 Race owner. I love the bike in every way. I will be keeping this bike forever I would imagine. It does everything I want in the woods.

Now, I?m hunting for the right Road bike, that?s still plenty capable in the woods. Nothing too heavy, and something with decent suspension for the days I?m in town, get a call from the boys that wanna go for a solid rip in the woods, and all that fun stuff.

So, I have an opportunity to buy a mint (seriously mint) 2004 Gasser FSE 450 plated for the road. Has a pipe. Tires are new. All plastic and decals look as they would have new in 2004. The price seems fair. I asked him lots of questions, especially in regards to the e start. He has owned the bike for less than 2 years and says he hasn?t had any issues and it starts fine. Maybe the previous owner already addressed all the e start issues?

One thing he mentioned that I?m not sure if it?s good or bad, it had a top end rebuild done 500 kms (kms not miles as I?m in Canada) ago. I just don?t know if the shop put OEM parts in or some junk parts.

My questions for u guys are:

What issues should I really expect with this particular bike? I know gasser stopped making their own four stroke motors. Am I ganna be buying something that?ll give me a massive headache? Seems like the only real issues I could find online are all electrical related. Seems like the rest of the bike is pretty reliable. But I hate chasing electrical problems. Do u four stroke guys constantly have to repair electrical issues on these? Anything else I should expect? Anything in particular I should be asking the owner? Thanx