Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Canada

Old 02-07-2016, 04:09 AM

Default Planning a roadtrip across Canada, from Montreal to Vancouver

This is probably a bit off topic here, but this is the only international forum that I use at the time. And I believe that "enduro people" will know place or two to visit on the way. I have planned to take the trip maybe next summer. I will fly to Montreal, rent a car from there and drive it to Vancouver and fly back to Finland. I planned to drive approx 500km per day, so I'll have some time to explore a bit. I'll take two weeks of vacation for this trip, so I can be stationary for a couple of days.

So any suggestions where to visit, or where to spend the nigth?

Old 04-28-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandomar View Post
This is probably a bit off topic here, but this is the only international forum that I use at the time. And I believe that "enduro people" will know place or two to visit on the way. I have planned to take the trip maybe next summer. I will fly to Montreal, rent a car from there and drive it to Vancouver and fly back to Finland. I planned to drive approx 500km per day, so I'll have some time to explore a bit. I'll take two weeks of vacation for this trip, so I can be stationary for a couple of days.

So any suggestions where to visit, or where to spend the nigth?
Didn't see this earlier-
What types of places/things are you typically interested in?

Canada is a big country & you'll have surprisingly little time to do side trips & day trips if you want to do all that in 2 weeks. The drive across Northern Ontario(North Bay to Kenora) is kinda boring and takes around 18-20 hrs or so. Mostly all you see is trees on that drive.
Most of Saskatchewan is so flat that you can watch your dog run away for 2 or 3 days- a boring drive as well & takes 7-8 hours.
With all that said, there is still lots to see in those parts, depending on what you're interested in.
You can easily spend 2 full weeks in Southwestern Quebec and and Southern Ont & hardly scratch the surface of things to see and do. Same with Southern Alberta and BC.

I'd suggest sticking to a couple provinces in the East or West for your two weeks, or come for 4-6 weeks... Or spend a week in the East, then fly to the West & spend a week there.
I spent a month in OZ a few years ago and didn't even see 10 % of all the cool things or get to the North or West of the Country. OZ is a lot smaller than Canada......

Keep in mind you will lose 2-4 days of your vacation just traveling from Finland to Canada and back, depending on your flights etc.

Just some thoughts.....