Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 10-08-2006, 09:21 PM

Default Sag set-up

I'm getting around to setting up the suspension on my 05' EC300. I've seen/heard two schools of thought regarding the Sag measurements.

The first is take the meas. with the bike on the stand (suspension unloaded) and then take the meas. while on the bike in normal stance on the footpegs. Take the difference, etc.
The second is to take the meas. with the bike upright but on the ground(suspension loaded) and then take the second meas. while on the bike in normal stance on the footpegs. Any advice out there??

thx/Mike
'05 EC300

Old 10-09-2006, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasIdaho View Post
I'm getting around to setting up the suspension on my 05' EC300. I've seen/heard two schools of thought regarding the Sag measurements.

The first is take the meas. with the bike on the stand (suspension unloaded) and then take the meas. while on the bike in normal stance on the footpegs. Take the difference, etc.
The second is to take the meas. with the bike upright but on the ground(suspension loaded) and then take the second meas. while on the bike in normal stance on the footpegs. Any advice out there??

thx/Mike
'05 EC300
Both are correct & both needed.
There is a measurement for static sag - just the bike weight and one for rider sag with you on it. When they and the preload are within bounds you have it setup correctly.

For example and I'm making the numbers up because I can't remember.
Static = 35 mm
Rider = 105 mm
Preload between 2-10mm

Preload being the reduction in spring free length from the adjusting rings only with bike on a stand.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Mike,

Check out LTRace's post on the FAQ suspension settings. He discusses the 2004-2006 rear shock preload settings.