Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default 2007 to 2011 Frame Compatabity

I apologize for asking this question since it looks to be all but answered in a recent thread, but...I could use just a little more reassurance that I am not setting myself up.

I am sereously considering swapping the frame out on my 2007 300 for an 2011 frame.

Other than plastics is there anything that I will not be able to swap between the two years such as triple clamps, subframe, swing arm, rear brake...the only thing that I could really come up with are the plastics (air box & frame guards)
Thanks,
Matthew

Last edited by smallpuffydog; 05-10-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallpuffydog View Post
I apologize for asking this question since it looks to be all but answered in a recent thread, but...I could use just a little more reassurance that I am not setting myself up.

I am sereously considering swapping the frame out on my 2007 300 for an 2011 frame.

Other than plastics is there anything that I will not be able to swap between the two years such as triple clamps, subframe, swing arm, rear brake...the only thing that I could really come up with are the plastics (air box & frame guards)
Thanks,
Matthew
Well if everything goes as planned I will be able to post if I had any issues and what I needed to do in order to solve them...
Old 05-11-2013, 10:57 AM

If you have a damper tower it will not fit as the steering neck is smaller on the '11 frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 05-12-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
If you have a damper tower it will not fit as the steering neck is smaller on the '11 frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thanks Glenn.

No issue with the damper (I dont run one).

I'll have to check part numbers to make sure that the bearings in head set are compatible.