Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:27 PM

Default AS3 bendix cover 2018

Does anyone know if the AS3 bendix cover is machined properly or if it is the exact same as the OEM cover? Wondering if I would need to polish the hole where the bendix shaft sits like I had to do with the OEM cover.

Old 05-06-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG221 View Post
Does anyone know if the AS3 bendix cover is machined properly or if it is the exact same as the OEM cover? Wondering if I would need to polish the hole where the bendix shaft sits like I had to do with the OEM cover.
I use the AS3 BENDIX COVER!

Perfect!

Plug and Play.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:50 PM

Do you have a link to it?
Old 05-07-2019, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser Nate View Post
Do you have a link to it?
Just google AS3 Performance mate.
Old 05-07-2019, 06:40 AM

Cheers matey!
Old 05-07-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Why did you had to polish the oem bendiz cover? i'm having problems with the starter i tried every thing i could came across.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eralha View Post
Why did you had to polish the oem bendiz cover? i'm having problems with the starter i tried every thing i could came across.
http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...t=23150&page=7

Start with post #67 and read through the rest of the posts. I tried all of the updates too and nothing worked until this. It seems to have been a problem for quite a few people. Basically there was a batch of bendix covers that got machined improperly and isn?t allowing the bendix shaft to rotate like it should. It?s a very simple fix, the only thing you?ll need to buy is a bendix cover gasket because it might rip when you take the cover off.

This was the reason for my question in this post. Wondering if the as3 cover was machined to the correct tolerance or if it is an exact copy of the covers that don?t fit.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:

Start with post #67 and read through the rest of the posts. I tried all of the updates too and nothing worked until this. It seems to have been a problem for quite a few people. Basically there was a batch of bendix covers that got machined improperly and isn?t allowing the bendix shaft to rotate like it should. It?s a very simple fix, the only thing you?ll need to buy is a bendix cover gasket because it might rip when you take the cover off.

This was the reason for my question in this post. Wondering if the as3 cover was machined to the correct tolerance or if it is an exact copy of the covers that don?t fit.

thanks for the info i was starting to suspect that, i did no tsee any reason for the mechanism to not work well, mine looks like it is jaming for some reason.

I will try your solution. cheers.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:16 PM

Mine did not start on the button worth a pinch last year, but after a bunch of winter riding it seems to have broken in and start like fire all the time now. I expect the cold temps played a roll in wearing in the bendix cover.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:26 AM

Quote:

Hi, i polished the cover and still nothing... i'm starting to give up on this.

The starter does only this: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...129763&o=OneUp

I tested it with another battery, so the problem is not the battery, i did the wire mode, larger wires for positive selenoid and starter negative.

Could it be the starter motor?

cheers.