Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-14-2019, 04:39 AM

Appreciate the reply, but can you go and kick them in the balls for ruining Gasgas for me/us? I do hope the parts remain available to the buyers who have kept them employed for years.

It is seriously leaving such a bad taste in my mouth that Ktm are swooping in and destroying a brilliant motorcycle in favour of another jelly mould of a Ktm.

Old 11-14-2019, 06:25 AM

Mark,

Again I'd like to thank you for the updates. And I hope you and yours will be taken care of. I want to reiterate for us, the consumer, this really is nothing more than a minor irritation. For Mark and his team this is their livelihood. And right before Christmas. Mark has done a great job supporting the brand for a number of years. Thank you.

Matt

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Old 11-14-2019, 08:30 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadfield4wd View Post
Mark,

Again I'd like to thank you for the updates. And I hope you and yours will be taken care of. I want to reiterate for us, the consumer, this really is nothing more than a minor irritation. For Mark and his team this is their livelihood. And right before Christmas. Mark has done a great job supporting the brand for a number of years. Thank you.

Matt
I echo your thoughts too. Thank you Mark, and please pass on information as soon as you can.

I am at the point to where I am deciding whether to buy another GG or switch. That being said, the Sherco 300 is starting to appeal to me. I just can't do a KTM I am not inclined to buy a Red KTM.

But I'll wait to see what comes out in the near future before I make my decision.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadfield4wd View Post
Mark,

Matt
This is FAR MORE than a minor irritation! My 2018 GasGas has become worthless and I hope he is right about parts support, but I will believe it when I see it.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Guys...

Alot of money is made by selling parts for motorcycles...

And it is also high profit margin for the manufacturer. For example, I once heard that Honda makes more money selling motorcycle parts than it does selling motorcycles.....

There is commonality of parts across many years of of the gasgas 250/300 which means it makes even more sense to continue to serve this profitable market....

I would wait a little longer before throwing in the towel and saying you can't get parts for the bike any longer.

Jeff
Old 11-14-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman_55792 View Post
This is FAR MORE than a minor irritation! My 2018 GasGas has become worthless and I hope he is right about parts support, but I will believe it when I see it.
I'll give you $5 for it. Sounds like a good deal for you. Gas Gas used values sucked long before KTM bought them.

And if Gas Gas had brought out a entirely new bike on their own that wasn't a rebadged KTM you would still be in a similar position. Having a bike that doesn't become outdated or depreciate isn't an entitlement. If what Mark was told is accurate we should be in decent shape. Most of the stuff that is commonly broken worn (plastic, bars, levers) is available aftermarket anyway.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman_55792 View Post
This is a minor irritation. Yeah you're possibly out several thousand dollars. You still have a great bike to ride. And I assume you could afford it.

GGNA people may be without an income right before Christmas. Although I hope not.

So because something that really is a "luxury toy" losing value really means very little in the whole scheme of things.

Of course you're welcome to disagree but I won't be convinced.

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Old 11-14-2019, 08:46 PM

Levers, plastics, pistons, sprockets & other consumables will be readily available for years. My concern is things like cylinders, bottom end parts, cases, CDIs & clutch/transmission parts. You know, the ones that stop the bike from running!
That's the stuff that killed Italian Husky owners!
Call me cynical but I'll believe that Girona will supply this stuff when I see it. KTM are hardly gonna like the fact that their new factory is pumping out parts for old model bikes. They'll be pushing hard to get everyone on red KTMs! Just MHO of course.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto7man View Post
Time to go with Beta.
I went with sherco although I had very good deal on gasgas ec300
but resell value can be very poor.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:22 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbagga View Post
Levers, plastics, pistons, sprockets & other consumables will be readily available for years. My concern is things like cylinders, bottom end parts, cases, CDIs & clutch/transmission parts. You know, the ones that stop the bike from running!
That's the stuff that killed Italian Husky owners!
Call me cynical but I'll believe that Girona will supply this stuff when I see it. KTM are hardly gonna like the fact that their new factory is pumping out parts for old model bikes. They'll be pushing hard to get everyone on red KTMs! Just MHO of course.
surely they see the benefit in parts sales? I am not an economist, but i remember a tv show a few years ago doing a comparison of a toyota corrola bought off the dealer floor vs buying it as parts (and assembling it yourself) the parts option worked out about 10 times more expensive - i know there are many factors that go into this, but you can sell a part with a higher markup and almost no labour involvement, why would you stop?