Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:02 PM

Default Can't bleed Rekluse Clutch Slave Cylinder

I received my new Relkuse Basket with the larger 46mm hole. Everything bolted up nice without any problems.I will post some photos later. But, I can't bleed the adjustible Rekluse Slave Cylinder. I followed the steps in their video and I read the threads on this forum. I backed out the allen bolt on the slave cyl until the rubber gasket showed, then I filled the cyl with fluid and screwed the cylinder back in while watching for air bubbles and keeping the cylinder filled with Magura "Blood" fluid. Then, I backed the allen screw back out until the rubber gasket showed again. Then I slowly pressed the piston back into the assembly while keeping the fluid level and watching for air bubbles.

Then I mounted the Rekluse Slave Cylinder using the the two Rekluse washers, and banjo bolt and the oem mounting bolts. Here is the problem. I took off the master cylinder cover, fitted a clear hose on the banjo bolt and pumped the lever as I slowly opened the banjo bolt but no fluid flowed into the hose, I continued to open the banjo bolt but no fluid flowed into the hose. As I continued to open the bolt some fluid finally passed under the lower banjo washer but no fluid passed into the hose.

I tried back bleeding the system with a syringe but still same problem, no fluid passes into the hose. Following the threads here I removed the brake lever so the master cylinder plunger could move outward to push fluid into the line but this didn't help, same problem.Finally following another thread I removed the pressure plate and attempted to bleed the system again. Same problem, no fluid will flow into the line. Is is possible that there is something wrong with the Rekluse banjo bolt?

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar

Old 06-26-2013, 08:32 PM

everything you did sounds right.
But you mention Rekluse banjo bolt. Mine did not come with that. I used the OEM one.

Question...when you are bleeding you are not loosening the actual banjo bolt are you?
You want that sucker very tight and only losen the bleed nipple on top of the banjo bolt....
Old 06-26-2013, 10:01 PM

Most problems like this are from the master cyl piston being in the wrong position and blocking the holes to the reservoir. Back bleeding is the only way to really get it free of air. If you remove the banjo at the master cyl temporarily, and force fluid through the fitting (loosened of course) on the slave with a syringe, does it flow freely up and out? if not there is some restriction in the Rekluse slave. Remove and examine the fitting and bore for clues. When you reinstall the fitting, use Teflon tape on the threads. This keeps air out and fluid in when the fitting is loose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-26-2013, 10:47 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Are you doing the initial bleed with the springs on? I had to back mine up to get the thing to pump up, then put the springs on and adjust.
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:22 AM

http://www.rekluse.com/product_docs.php

Glenn - I totally agree with you on the back bleeding but in this case with the Rekluse adjustable slave cylinder I did not need to do so.

I followed their instructions to a T...
Old 06-27-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgranger View Post
Are you doing the initial bleed with the springs on? I had to back mine up to get the thing to pump up, then put the springs on and adjust.
Are you saying that you removed the outer 6 Rekluse pressure plate springs in order to bleed the adjustable slave cylinder???
Old 06-27-2013, 01:21 PM

FWIW, I bleed the slave off the motor with the piston compressed. That way there is minimun volume of air to displace with oil. What is so different about the Rekluse part? Isn't it just a conventional slave cyl with stop screw to limit piston return? Looks that way.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:27 PM

Nothing special.
except it does not have a spring inside the cylinder to to keep it snug like the OEM one.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:26 PM

Default More Trouble

Ok here is the update. When I got home today I started from scratch. I bled the slave cylinder off the bike per the Rekluse instructions. After install, I was able to bleed the slave cylinder using the lever and back bleeding with fluid passing either way. Here is the problem, I can only get the clutch lever to firm up in the late 25% of travel right before the lever contacts the handlebar. I tried for over an hour to get the lever to firm up without success.

I'm kinda lost at this point. The problem seems to be with the slave cylinder piston.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 06-27-2013, 08:38 PM

BTW, I did not see a paper gasket on the oem slave only a rubber o ring. The Rekluse came with an oring. Does the original oem oring need to be put on the Rekluse? There doesn't appear to be a place for it.

―Comedian Lewis Black

-Unknown Sardaukar