Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Gas Gas USA website

They have added the enduros, MXers and quads to the GAS GAS USA website. Just another positive step forward for us diehard GAS GAS guys in the USA.

http://www.gasgas.com/index.shtml

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 12-15-2007, 09:15 PM

Good news.
Anybody else notice any GG quads around? When we had a dealer here in my town, he sold more quads than he could get his hands on, and his bikes just sat.

I personally can't stand quads. If selling a bunch of them makes a dealer solvent for our bikes though, I'm all for it.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 12-15-2007, 09:30 PM

I dislike Quads more than KTM's and then I saw the horror, a KTM Quad. Thats just wrong!

I have seen 3 different Gas Gas Quads up here and talked to the owners about them. They are supposed to be very good if your into idiot chariots.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 12-15-2007, 09:53 PM

I also ride sport touring road bikes, and I had a similar attitide to guys on trikes until I saw a guy driving with only one arm and one leg. Remember, it's all about just having fun.

And a**-holes aren't exclusive to three or more wheels either.

Ride safe.

Dale
Old 12-15-2007, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2w View Post
I also ride sport touring road bikes, and I had a similar attitide to guys on trikes until I saw a guy driving with only one arm and one leg. Remember, it's all about just having fun.

And a**-holes aren't exclusive to three or more wheels either.

Ride safe.

Dale
I've been called worse.

Ride safe....Thats the issue. I have never been in a head on with a bike but my wife and many I know have been hammered by Quads and it hurts. As you know they are much larger heavier vehicles and aren't nimble like motorcycles and if you meet them in the trees on something they barely fit through in the first place there is just no place to go. Anyone can get on a quad and ride it and typically its that inexperience that kills someone.

I'm there with you though, any kind of off road vehicle certainly can have irresponsible persons operating them.
But after further thought on this subject my mind hasn't changed I feel the same way I did before I posted.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:05 PM

Oops, I certainly didn't mean to imply that you were an a**-hole. Heck, I don't even know you. I think you know that I just meant to say that any sport can be tarnished by a few irresponsible members. In my area "kids" ride with what sound like open pipes in a "No riding" posted areas, and I get painted with the same brush because I ride.

And I certainly don't want to change your opinion about quads.

Around here there's so much open land and trails that you rarely meet another bike (let alone a quad).
Old 12-15-2007, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2w View Post
Oops, I certainly didn't mean to imply that you were an a**-hole.
Got ya!
Don't sweat it! I just wanted to see your reaction.

Now back to the Gas Gas USA website topic: It will be cool if they add racing news and camera footage of off road events around the world like they do for the trials line.

Maybe when they get the hard parts catalog together they will add a Gas Gas store so we can all get some of that cool Gas Gas swag that they get over seas that we can't seem to obtain in the states.

Its early in the design so I'm sure we will See things added to it as time goes on.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:12 PM

A GG hardparts catalog available on the GG website would be extremely nice. You know, I think KTM has been very successful with theirs, I see no reason GG wouldn't be.

Even for the "idiot chariots." There's probably an untapped source of money there, a source that could really put the name Gas Gas on the map.

Oh, and by the way, I love the term idiot chariots, it's fantastic. Around here we call them "furniture."
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 12-19-2007, 12:15 AM

Motorized couch is the prefered term in these parts. I really like the ones with coolers and can holders on them.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:48 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I could use one of those for my lawn tractor.