Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:25 AM

Question Dual Sport ????

Hi Everyone, I'm wanting to get into Dual Sport riding with some friends that are having a great time. I really want to buy Gas Gas as all my bud's are riding KTM, Berg's, with a Yamaha thrown in. My new problem seems to be that Gasser's (the one's being brought in country now) aren't street legal. Is there any suggestions out there to get around this ? Any ideas ? Am I going to have to join the crowd rather than riding what I feel is one of the best bikes available ??? I need some help here........Tom

Old 11-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Site Sponsor

I'm not sure how hard the DMV is Ohio but the GasGas MSO does not say "For offroad use only". Now here we can get a title very easily and from there is just a matter of getting thru inspection. Is this legal in the truest sense..no..can you get away with it..probably. In fact this is most likely what most of your buddys have done. It still low volume enough that its flying under the radar and outside of California law enfocement is not very savvy about "conversions". I have gotten stopped on my Berg a few times but usually when they see the tag they let me go on without so much as a question. The GasGas has a lighting coil and a headlight and stoplight switches so you really only heed a horn and a tailight. Make a deal on one of the 2010's that are avilable and have fun.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:58 PM

husky has some street legal from the factory bikes. I believe it is the 4t stuff.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:02 AM

Yeah, thats what my brother in law did with his Husaberg.

Here in the Pacific Northwest the KTMs are losing their license plates. They are getting letters from the DMV and getting their street legal status revoked. It's frightenning.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585919