Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 01-11-2012, 04:51 PM

Default Linkage Bushing?

Hi, I bought an allballs linkage rebuilt kit. They are known to be medium quality.

The bottom shock bearing/sleeve/seals are inclued. This is a good thing. Also I found a surprise in the kit. A special extra bushing that replace that fragile needle bottom shock bearing. Looks like a nice peice. Copper covered on the outside and some coating inside.

Should I use it? Any experiences? THX
GGQ

Old 01-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Wouldn't hurt to check the one you have first to see what kind of shape it's in.
New is always better...right?
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 01-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Site Sponsor

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasquebec View Post
Hi, I bought an allballs linkage rebuilt kit. They are known to be medium quality.

The bottom shock bearing/sleeve/seals are inclued. This is a good thing. Also I found a surprise in the kit. A special extra bushing that replace that fragile needle bottom shock bearing. Looks like a nice peice. Copper covered on the outside and some coating inside.

Should I use it? Any experiences? THX
GGQ
We will be offering a kit soon...except all our bearings are campsite.....never rusts!
Ride with confidence again!

Made in the USA
Old 01-17-2012, 06:50 PM

Installed that supplied strange bushing thing wathever it is, instead of the bearing.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:27 PM

The key to linkage life is good lube and seals. Let me rephrase that, o-rings. The GG o-ring setup is super tight and second to none in sealing ability. One whole year of mud and washes and they look new with clean grease when taken down if they went together right. If you have a pre '05 bike with seals, the o-rings drop right in.

That small bearing on the lower shock mount is the highest loaded part in the system. It does best with the moly paste lube and fresh o-rings at every service. Never had to replace one on four GGs.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Just pulled mine down today for a regrease. Second time in 5000kms. First one done by the dealer during its 6month service. All was well except for the main bolt on the linkage (dogbone attachment point).

One of the bearings has rusted out big time. Frozen and has caused some wear marks on the sleeve. Will be picking up 2 new bearings and races tomorrow from the local bearing shop. I think I have an all balls sleeve from a WR250F linkage kit that is the same size.

Just curous about the synergy kit, is it ready? and what is a campsite? place were you light a fire, cook a snag and sink a few beers?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

I also haven't touched the upper shock bearing. How does this one work on the Ohlins 888? Is it hard to pop out and grease? Any tips or tricks?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Site Sponsor

Talking

Sorry. I meant composite bushing. My smart fone is pretty dumb....

We will have the bushings in a couple weeks. I will let everyone here know when they are ready.
Ride with confidence again!

Made in the USA
Old 04-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy-Seals View Post
Sorry. I meant composite bushing. My smart fone is pretty dumb....

We will have the bushings in a couple weeks. I will let everyone here know when they are ready.
Thought thats what you meant. If you do the kit at a competitive price (compared to normal bearing kit) I'd be interested in using one.

I cleaned up the inner sleeve the best I could with emery paper and slipped 2 new roller bearings in to replace the rusted ones. In 6 months I'll probably be looking to replace all the bearings just as periodic maintenance.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasquebec View Post
Installed that supplied strange bushing thing wathever it is, instead of the bearing.
Sorry for the revival, but I am greasing up the linkage and just pulled apart the shock linkage. I too installed the odd looking bushing, and after about 20 hours it is shot. Sloppy, wobbly, complete crap. I need a replacement soon, as I have a race on the 30th. Of course I can't find the spare bearing that was in the kit, I must have tossed it in a neat fit. Anyone have a spare lower shock linkage bushing/bearing?

I believe that odd bushing is junk. Oddly enough, Allballs doesn't list that bushing separate, but they do sell the bearing.

Hey Synergy seals- got a replacement bushing you can ship out ASAp?