Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox76y View Post
Ok, the dealer has had the bike for a little over 2 weeks n says he doesn't know where they have come from. Think I've been getting the run around. Anyone think I should take it somewhere else? I get the impression that not a lot of effort is being put in.. Lots of ducking n weaving.. Phone calls never returned etc. I'm increasingly suspicious of the water pump impeller bearings. Has anyone had there bike apart and inspected these at all??
Jc
Easiest way to cover yourself is simply to ask to get it all in writing.

Bike delivered on this date. What they have inspected, and what they have found, with their investigation showing unknown source of bearing material.

If you want it investigated further, then ask them to escalate it with Gas Gas.. do you want the engine cases split? do you want the cylinder pulled? do you want a new engine? Try and set some objectives.

Otherwise, if you have it in writing that you reported a suspect condition and returned it for warranty investigation that showed no fault, then if you take it back and something happens and it's related to the same issue you can then chase parts again under warranty.

How did the rest of the oil look? I'd personally have the shits. It takes 20mins to pop the whole RHS engine cover off at most. Shouldn't take them 2 weeks turn around. What exactly has been checked?

Old 07-18-2018, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Ps. Page 7, bearings 12 are where I'd be specifically asking them to check

https://www.motocrosscenter.com/pdf_...d_ec18_r07.pdf

Old 07-18-2018, 07:54 AM

Hi Jakobi,
Thanks for the reply. Yes I do have the shits. I mentioned it today to the owner that I thought after 2 weeks that we are no closer to knowing where the bearings came from. His reply was that his shop is not the type of small bike shop that can do a 3 day turn around and it is simply too busy to expect that. Blah blah all I want is to know exactly what is going on with my bike. If it's gonna take 2 weeks to find the problem then tell me that. Don't tell me to ring back every couple of days to see what has been found when nothing has been done.
Anyway I will take your advice and go from there. Thanks
Jc
Old 07-18-2018, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

From reading your posts I have no idea if they have had the bike for 2 weeks and a) have done nothing at all, or b) have started investigating and at this point found nothing. It doesn't indicate if they have started, what they have done, or what they intend to do next.

Just a lack of communication.

I find these situations most frustrating, but even then it's best to try and stay rational and put the emotions aside and try to ask specific questions. Wouldn't hurt to make a few suggestions to them about where the bearings could be from too. Just because they are a dealer doesn't necessarily mean they have a thorough knowledge of the Gas Gas internals.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:25 AM

Were they definitely bearings? Very spherical, and very hard? Might be something else going on here if they aren't the same size as something that should be in the engine or if they are soft.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:16 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Maybe they are left overs from a shot peening process for some part during mfg of the engine. I found a few of these in the oil of a newly rebuilt car engine.