Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieg View Post
And now for something completely different...

Have any of you ever farted in a space suit? If so, does the smell eventually go away?
I don't know. Ask Glenn

Old 03-18-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGasDreamer View Post
just to add a little fuel to the fire, i think that anyone who believes that one party is better than the other, or than one president is better than other, has been played and schooled exactly as the real people in power want. in short, you are following blind lies and without a new perspective there will be no real change, just more of the same. a good book to help you along is howard zinn-a people's history of the united states, that is for those who read. if you count on fox news, or the daily show, or pat roberts for your forcefeed perspective, well...never mind. the political system is desgined as a venue for you to channel your angry so that you don't look past it and start demanding real change. as far as religion, it's mainly another manmade tool to control and exploit the masses, and perpetuate a feeling of 'my god can kick your god's ass'. that is not to say there is no God, i do believe there is One but He isn't religious. but hey, it's easier to cast blame than to search for the truth.
IMO a better perspective vs. adding fuel to the fire....but back on track for the 2012 bikes

Will GG finally make a 3+ gallon tank that actually fits really well and doesn't need to be heated up, pushed, pulled, squeezed and contorted to fit (Clarke should be ashamed of how their oversize tank fits) and maybe come through with jetting that's not out in left field or consistently sized carbs. Maybe some more captive fastners and how about a redesign of that rear brake pedal setup (inside the frame like KTM or Beta) so the peg can fold correctly

.....hmmmm, maybe I just threw fuel on the fire myself
Old 03-18-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieg View Post
And now for something completely different...

Have any of you ever farted in a space suit? If so, does the smell eventually go away?
Never farted in a space suit. I have farted in a Unisuit (dry diving suit) with a down the chest/through the crotch/up the back zipper. A fun trick on the dive boat was to get your buddy to crack the zipper for you after a good rip.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidad View Post
...but back on track for the 2012 bikes
Will GG finally make a 3+ gallon tank that actually fits
I'm not sure the demand is there. They ride different over in Europe. And have no need for a lager tank. Our loss.
It took a long time to get Husky to make a larger tank and think of how many Huskys are sold in North America. I think the best we're gonna get is either IMS or Clark tanks for our bikes. And then you have to have a minimum order before they will commit to a run. I know P3 made a very small run (2-3) over size tanks for the Huskys out of CB. Very impressive but also very expensive.
We all except our bike to get better each year but it puts a very big strain on non OEM parts (IE fuel tanks) when the manufacture changes the design every few years.

It's our own fault for always wanted something new and not being satisfied with what we have.

07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 03-18-2011, 05:30 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDude View Post
I'm not sure the demand is there. They ride different over in Europe. And have no need for a lager tank. Our loss.
It took a long time to get Husky to make a larger tank and think of how many Huskys are sold in North America. I think the best we're gonna get is either IMS or Clark tanks for our bikes. And then you have to have a minimum order before they will commit to a run. I know P3 made a very small run (2-3) over size tanks for the Huskys out of CB. Very impressive but also very expensive.
We all except our bike to get better each year but it puts a very big strain on non OEM parts (IE fuel tanks) when the manufacture changes the design every few years.

It's our own fault for always wanted something new and not being satisfied with what we have.

We ride long days here in Devon England, and also ride Wales/Cornwall.Tank range can be an issue for me - 1 litre in back pack, (lots of XRs - never stop)
Bigger stock tank would be a bonus.

Biff
Old 03-18-2011, 06:31 PM

One reason this got so crazy is there is no info on the 2012 bikes. So, like bored kids in class we act up!

Seriously though, I'm in for something new spring/summer, and would like to know some details too like you guys. I may end up with a '12 if my cash frees up late. My big question is forks, 48 CC Zokes on all or just Race/SD bike? I'm sure Clay will tell when he knows.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:35 PM

How about a Cervantes edition with TTX front and back?
Old 03-19-2011, 08:52 AM

Default looks like they do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidad View Post
Will GG finally make a 3+ gallon tank that actually fits really well and doesn't need to be heated up, pushed, pulled, squeezed and contorted to fit (Clarke should be ashamed of how their oversize tank fits) and maybe come through with jetting that's not out in left field or consistently sized carbs. Maybe some more captive fastners and how about a redesign of that rear brake pedal setup (inside the frame like KTM or Beta) so the peg can fold correctly

.....hmmmm, maybe I just threw fuel on the fire myself
there's a link somewhere around here to the gasgas euro powerparts catalog, and there's a 12l tank in there. also saw something for sale on the gasserparts.com website:

http://www.ktm-parts.com/BE250610124.html

see? piece of cake. for a mere $817. ouch.

is the clarke really that bad, as in, does it fit $600 worse than the gasgas tank?
Old 03-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
One reason this got so crazy is there is no info on the 2012 bikes. So, like bored kids in class we act up!

Seriously though, I'm in for something new spring/summer, and would like to know some details too like you guys. I may end up with a '12 if my cash frees up late. My big question is forks, 48 CC Zokes on all or just Race/SD bike? I'm sure Clay will tell when he knows.
GMP,
Chuck and I are going to Spain in Mid-April to find out if we get what we asked for back in January. We asked for 48mm Zokes on everything and to combine the Race/Six Day model plus all of the other changes we discussed in infinite detail back a couple of months ago. Also asked for some early units in August. Hopefully we get what we want. I'll let you know in April.
There will be a Cervantes 250, BTW.
Clay
Old 03-19-2011, 09:41 PM

They'd better substantially re-valve the 48 Zokes. They are ungawdly stiff- Suitable only for a very, very fast (and bigger than average) rider.

At this point I am completely befuddled on what to buy.