Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:05 PM

Default More gas, taller flame

...wasn't it the Italian union that threw the last load of new Husky's in the lake at Varesse just before the world-wide press intro?

... then what they dragged up, dried off, and tried to sell looked like a caricature of a motorcycle

(just kidding guys, its Saturday night and things are slow)

Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters

Old 03-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I'm confused about the Zoke forks. I've heard that the forks are way too soft and as someone just said, they are way too stiff.

I have an '11 EC300 and I don't know what flavor of Zokes are on it but HANDS DOWN these are the nicest, plushest, basically perfect forks I've ever had in 40 years of riding.

I'm confused.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:14 AM

I think they are talking about the 48mm CC Zokes that now come on the Race models as being way stiff. Lots of feedback on how stiff they come delivered. You would have the 45mm open version.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:25 AM

Yes, the new proposed 48 closed cartridge forks. Honestly, valving is not a concern for me. I revalve everything anyway for the rocky stuff here, as I'm sure mrkartoom and the other NETRA guys here understand. So to start off with stiffer springs which I need anyway would put me ahead. I think that if your the type of rider that is willing to pony up the $$ for a race model, tuning the suspension is not an issue. For the masses who will ride a stock bike, at least for some time, the standard bike is in the ballpark.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
What I recken is I can joke around with guys here I have known for years with more than 4 posts. As long as its kept PG rated, does not personally attack a member, and does not get out of hand, there is nothing wrong with some good witty banter. Seems to have worked OK so far, and keeps things lively.

Also, while most of my statement was indeed humor, the part that you obviously took offense to is indeed fact. Some of my best friends are union and if I can have both serious and humorus discussions with them, I will not be schooled by you.

As far as my discipline goes, if you feel it is inadequate, I suggest you start a poll. If it swings in your favor, I would be happy to quit and never be heard from again here. If not, well, enjoy Cafe Husky.
Mod TT for a while. You get this on a daily basis.

Oh, and I wholeheartedly agree with you.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post
They'd better substantially re-valve the 48 Zokes. They are ungawdly stiff- Suitable only for a very, very fast (and bigger than average) rider.

At this point I am completely befuddled on what to buy.

Rick,
I'm a little confused, too. We haven't gotten any bikes into the US yet with the new 48mm Zoke fork. Have you ridden another brand with that fork?
Clay
Old 03-21-2011, 06:36 PM

I wasn't commenting on the new (and improved?) 2012 48mm Zokes. I haven't ridden the 2011 version, but a friend from California rode a bike with them installed (pre-revalve, as I understand) and described them as unfun.

I'm hoping that Gas Gas Euro gets the message and gives us something that is at a different starting point.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Banned

I'm not sure how your friend would have ridden a 2011 with this fork since we have yet to get a 2011 with the new 48mm Marzocchi fork into the US yet. Only the Race models are coming with this fork in 2011 and we have yet to get one. It may turn out that he is totally correct. The fork may be way stiff OR it may be way soft. Who knows...it could be spot on. My request is that we wait and ride one before commenting that there is a problem with it.
Clay
Old 03-21-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post
I wasn't commenting on the new (and improved?) 2012 48mm Zokes. I haven't ridden the 2011 version, but a friend from California rode a bike with them installed (pre-revalve, as I understand) and described them as unfun.

I'm hoping that Gas Gas Euro gets the message and gives us something that is at a different starting point.

The only guys other than the Factory Team who are running the 48mm Twin Chamber forks are the Zip Ty Racing Team. They have been developing the fork for the last 2 yrs and they are very confident in its design.

I have heard rumours that Cervantes prefers the 48mm Zoke over the TTX and has decided to run them in his race bike.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:00 PM

It wasn't on a GG, and he didn't mention twin chambers. I'll have to look him up and get details.

If this is truly new and improved, I'm all for it.