Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default Which 2t oil

Ok I?m sure this isn?t the correct place to post this but, I have have searched and searched and haven?t found an answer. I was out riding with my wife and sister who are both brand new riders and I fouled my first plug in 10+ years of riding smokers. So with that being said the bike is jetted for 50:1 and I have been running Amsoil dominator and noticed it?s a bit spoogey. I don?t have a readily available Amsoil dealer to get ahold of interceptor, so what are some good alternatives so I can still lug the bike quite a bit?
Old 10-12-2017, 11:08 PM

If your plug is fouling it?s likely a jetting problem. Oil ratio doesn?t change with jetting. If the bottom rev range is causing spooge then you probably need to change the pilot/adjust the needle. I don?t believe brand of oil matters as long as it?s synthetic.
Another reason for fowling could be that you’re using the wrong plug. You need a fine wire type plug, IE the EG type from NGK. The regular electrode plugs are prone to fouling in two smokes.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:37 AM

I was fouling plugs like crazy when I was using the race Motul oil. Switched to an oil with lower flash point and problem solved.....for me. Now using Amsoil Interceptor.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:52 AM

Good discussion and some comparisons of flash points here... https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic...sh-point-info/
Old 10-13-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkjenn View Post
Ok I?m sure this isn?t the correct place to post this but, I have have searched and searched and haven?t found an answer. I was out riding with my wife and sister who are both brand new riders and I fouled my first plug in 10+ years of riding smokers. So with that being said the bike is jetted for 50:1 and I have been running Amsoil dominator and noticed it?s a bit spoogey. I don?t have a readily available Amsoil dealer to get ahold of interceptor, so what are some good alternatives so I can still lug the bike quite a bit?
It may help to re-pack the muffler and burn/clean out any build up. I noticed a significant decrease in spooge after doing this on my Turbine Core 2.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:52 PM

I just repacked the stock muffler 2 hours ago but after reading that write up on thumpertalk I went ahead and orders some maxima bio 2t. It has a 180 flash point which is 14 degrees lower than Amsoil dominator. So when it arrives from motosport I’ll go run it and see. And I put a br8es plug in it had an iridium br7eix in it.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:42 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

The Klotz Motorcycle Techniplate works well and has little spooge.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:47 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Oh yay an oil thread.
Get the right needle and replace the plug once a year as it wears out. Any decent oil. These bikes review low.
If your needle is the std N1EF it will be rubbish.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)
Old 10-13-2017, 08:21 PM

I don’t have the stock needle the PO had the rb carb mod and head done, I’m hoping with the lower flash point it should help a bit and it’s going to get a top end this winter anyway.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:36 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Motul 710 is the one for lugging