Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:55 PM

Your new bike looks to be in very good shape. Welcome aboard and this sport is a blast!
Btw, did U make that wooden trough/channel thing, and does it bolt down to your bed? Does it work well? Thanks, Bob.

'01 XR440
'09 FZ1

Old 10-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default new pics pg2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybars View Post
Your new bike looks to be in very good shape. Welcome aboard and this sport is a blast!
Btw, did U make that wooden trough/channel thing, and does it bolt down to your bed? Does it work well? Thanks, Bob.
Thanks flybar, you never know what you actually get with a internet purchase but I am totally happy with my $1150 XC250...

yes I made the drop in trailer thingy for less than $20, 1-2x8x8, 2-1x4x8, some extra fence board and wood screws.. it does not bolt to the bed it worked great didn't move or shift at all. I need to cut some of the length off and paint it but yeah it worked great..

Last edited by boostedte37; 10-04-2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: updates
Old 10-04-2009, 04:39 PM

Love your use of the Baja.

Bike does look pretty clean. Get those suspension components serviced, it will make a huge difference. Your bike looks very similar to mine.

The seat also looks like it's not seating on the tank 100% properly....

And you should re route the top carb vents into the airbox...

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideshowBob View Post
Love your use of the Baja.

Bike does look pretty clean. Get those suspension components serviced, it will make a huge difference. Your bike looks very similar to mine.

The seat also looks like it's not seating on the tank 100% properly....

And you should re route the top carb vents into the airbox...

I really like the baja thanks, you have a good eye, front of seat is not in the slot, haven't figured out how to get the seat off. I am going to pull off all the panels and clean it with a toothbrush, I see a few parts that need replacing. Where do you recommend rebuild the front and rear shocks?
Old 10-04-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedte37 View Post
I really like the baja thanks, you have a good eye, front of seat is not in the slot, haven't figured out how to get the seat off. I am going to pull off all the panels and clean it with a toothbrush, I see a few parts that need replacing. Where do you recommend rebuild the front and rear shocks?
If you want it clean easy you should buy some bike specific cleaner... https://www.xtreamclean.com/sess/utn...dex.shopscript

Suspension: Find someone local... if you have a local forum or ask riders places you ride about where they got theirs done and if they like the results. Anyone who knows their stuff will know what to do with the Ohlins for your riding terrain.

Rear seat is super simple, two bolts at sides near back, then side it/yank it back and off.

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Old 10-05-2009, 02:44 PM

Good looking products.
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1
Old 10-06-2009, 09:19 AM

Looks good. I wish mine had the Ohlins. I had to chuckle when I saw the gas tank vent. I forgot about that style. The hose was originally longer and it clipped to the handlebar x-bar. Remove it and replace it with a real vent/check valve because it doesn't have a built in check valve and will spill all over if you lay the bike down.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 10-06-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostby View Post
Looks good. I wish mine had the Ohlins. I had to chuckle when I saw the gas tank vent. I forgot about that style. The hose was originally longer and it clipped to the handlebar x-bar. Remove it and replace it with a real vent/check valve because it doesn't have a built in check valve and will spill all over if you lay the bike down.

thanks bro, did you notice all the electrical switches are removed? the light is not hooked up either. I asked about a kill switch and the guy told me to let the clutch out easy no throttle to kill it, def works but is that a common practice?
Old 10-06-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedte37 View Post
thanks bro, did you notice all the electrical switches are removed? the light is not hooked up either. I asked about a kill switch and the guy told me to let the clutch out easy no throttle to kill it, def works but is that a common practice?
Yeah it looks like all your switch wiring is missing. Unfortunately that switch is $104 or something.

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Old 10-06-2009, 08:40 PM

The XC came with very little wiring. Mine had a 1-wire kill switch on the left handlebar. The headlamp on/off switch is mounted inside of the front number plate/headlamp assembly. It is inside where you would never expect to find it in front of the right fork tube, mounted on one of the webs of the number plate (Came new that way). Take a look, yours may be there also. There is no high/low beam switch. Mine was hooked to high beam and that was how I left it.
Killing a bike with the clutch while in gear won't cause any problems but if you lay the bike down and the throttle sticks (or in my case the throttle sticks and you lay the bike down) a kill switch is a good option. Especially if you are still laying underneath the bike
If you need I will look at the wiring and tell you which wire to hook the kill switch to. Just let me know. You can pick up a kill switch for around $10 from any bike shop. I think Sideshow Bob was talking about the multi-function headlight/turn/stop switch for $104

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)