Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:58 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Renewed confidence (formerly "Bad Noise")

Today our club had a "special" ride. We've been talking about doing a "Last Man Standing" style event so we decided to check out our terrain. It turned into sort of a backpacking trip. It took our group 4 hours to go two miles. It was brutal, and quite awesome. I punished my poor Gas Gas 300 today. I boiled her over, spun the tire mercilessly, crashed, crashed, fell over, bashed downed logs, sweated my butt off, got lost in a snow drift. You name it. After we got through the "special test" we embarked on a gnarly trail ride through some of the slickest, steepest stuff we have, including a creek crossing that had most of our group raising their eyebrows, in fact, two riders bailed out at that point. We were all punished by the end of the day. I had leg cramps on the trail in, my side cramped, my shins cramped, my left middle finger cramped?!, and I swear my hair cramped. I ran out of gas two miles from camp (happy to have a reserve! Half of our group was on reserve at the end.)

All that to say, my bike performed flawlessly, no noise, nothing. I am beginning to think I need to take off the countershaft sprocket and look to see if there are any gouges from a rock or something. I'll go ahead and drain the tranny oil and look for metal shavings again, but at least I know it wasn't the crank bearing letting loose on that new years day ride.

OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs

Last edited by roostafish; 01-20-2008 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Poor verbage in the last sentence.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:27 AM

Its the trans, I'd bet on it. Exactly my experience, no obvious problems and no evidence in the oil. Rotella 5-40W and ride the snot out of it. It may happen again in a month or never again.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Banned

I love that kind of riding and a gasgas 2 stroke is the best bike in the word for taking it on.Hey roostafish , say hello to Marvin Danko @ SuzyQ's in Jaco, I left a surfboard at his little resto on the strip.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The trans sure makes sense. I hope it never happens again.

I should actually modify my info, because I haven't been in Costa Rica for nearly two years! Costa Rica rocks!
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs