Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:18 PM

Default Kickstart

This the progress,thus far bike is fine,shifts smoother than before.BUT,the k-starter works I canhear the gears making like a ratcheting,rattleing sound.When I push the kick-lever forward{wich it did'nt do before}it stops.That is the only issue.This thing going to have sweet,tractable power.Now I know how a new bike proporly jetted with 8mm of base-gasket taken out of it.YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

BTW, what are you riding?

Sorry I can't help with the kick starter noise, but I'm glad she's purring like a kitten.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Do you mean .8mm? I just put a caliper on my gaskets and found out that my bike came with .8mm. I'll put the .3mm and .15mm that I bought in and see how I make out.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff View Post
Do you mean .8mm? I just put a caliper on my gaskets and found out that my bike came with .8mm. I'll put the .3mm and .15mm that I bought in and see how I make out.
I have a '06 EC300.I put the .15 mm with no sealer.Hopefully it will "clean it up " while still running 93 oct. .
Old 04-08-2008, 09:42 AM

When I put mine back together, I found I had to make the notch in the plastic ring about 2-3mm deeper as it locked up when I tightened up the casing. Might be worth trying it...
Old 04-08-2008, 10:18 AM

I don't quite understand your explanation of symptoms.

Are you saying the rattle is there while running until you push the lever forward? Does it stay quiet once you push it forward?

Is the kickstart lever moving freely so the return spring can pull it all the way back or is that why you're "pushing" it forward?

It should freely snap back to top.

I've only had my kicker apart once to correct an issue related to that plastic ring (bushing) Gonzo mentioned. In my case when the previous owner reassembled the mechanism, he neglected to line up that same notch in the plastic bushing (the one Gonzo deepened) with the inside "ear" on the return spring that sticks into the "shaft" causing a similar binding when the case screws were tightened. If you do have binding I'd bet that is what it is. It's obvious when you're in there and the thing goes together fine if it's misaligned.

If you do have binding put the kicker in a "bound" position and try slightly loosening the case screws around it. In my case, the kicker freed up and snapped back to top when I loosened the screws in the vicinity. One of those aha! moments.
'04 Duc M800 R.I.P
'06 Duc S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 Duc S2r 1000 still rubber side down...
----------------------------------------------------------
May be so... May be not so...

My Website
Old 04-08-2008, 03:09 PM

Default Fixed

I bored the notch in the plastic piece a little more like Gonzo.After lining things up Imade sure the spring had pre-load ,fixed so far Thanks. This pain in the arss bike is going to get a beating the next Harescramble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!