Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 08-24-2008, 11:20 AM

I got the relay but never had to install it. Once I went back to a regular gas vent hose instead of the Gas Tank Vent Valve the fuel pump fired every time.

Bad

Old 08-25-2008, 09:07 PM

Well I thought the Gas Tank Vent Valve was the problem but made not.

Last Monday while on the Colorado 500 I had several instances when the fuel pump wouldn't prime. Always after I stopped the engine for a few minutes while waiting on the group to catch up. My trick of pushing down on the kick starter always got it to prime, the internal gear is bad so it wasn't turning over the engine, then I could start it with the button.

Monday evening I installed a regular hose for the gas tank vent and I rode Tuesday thru Friday another 450 + miles and it started fine every time. Even immediately after washing the bike on Friday afternoon.

So yesterday I washed the bike and decided to start it, no fuel pump priming. I tried my new NAPA relay replacing each relay one at a time then turning the key, no priming.

I did install a Clarke 2.9 gal fuel tank before the ride...

I'll check the other fuses sometime this week.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:57 PM

How did You fix the ECU short? I have the same problem starting. I had a 3amp fuse blown also. I am not getting any fire to the plug. Checked all the fuses and still no fire to the plug. Any ideas???
Old 12-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Try unplugging the key switch and use a jumper wire. I've had the switch go fubar from water.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:24 PM

Still having problems.

The key switch tested OK. Fuel pump relay OK.

The bike has a mind of it's own. After not being able to get the bike started for months it's started fine twice in the last week. Today I rode some, stopped and started it a couple of times then tried to start it again later and the same problem I've been having reoccurs.

When I turn the key nothing happens, no fuel pump priming, no lights.
It never stops running, just doesn't restart.

The only change I made before this started was to retape the wires that plug into the ECU. Previous to my ownership someone had cut back the sheath around the wires, so I just taped back up. No damage to the wires that I detected.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:56 PM

Default Problem solved

Turns out it was the computer.

Thanks richardcranium for selling me a second hand unit.