Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2010, 09:37 AM

Default white gunk coming from crankcase breather tube

Hey guys,

Bike is a 2004 Gas Gas FSE 450 (later model for you guru's)

So I have this milky white discharge that has been coming from my engine breather tube. It's at the top and comes out near air box and I'm assuming it's from the crankcase?

The coolant levels don't seem to drop at all, but I have always topped it off before every ride anyways. The overflow bottle will only fill up if I top it off to the top of the rad cap.

So When I drain the oil out of the frame and transmission it's truly emaculate as though It was out of the quart bottle itself.

I notice no loss of power or compression, bike runs and feels great. Their was white smoke coming from exhaust and tail pipe for about 5 - 10 seconds then it was gone, after I had some trouble getting it started (seemed like it was flooded for a bit before getting started) one time, and on most cold starts their is no white smoke coming at all

My guess would be that either my water pump seals are shot behind my alloy empeller or their is just lots of condensation built up in my engine and it needs to be burned out? Even though I have done a couple oil changes to see if I can flush it out, should I do
more?

I have not done any water crossings or washed my bike for about 3 rides now.

Here are some pics attached to the post.

Thanks for all your help!

Crankin04
Attached Images
File Type: jpg breathertube2.JPG (73.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg whitedischarge2.JPG (33.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Airbox2.JPG (40.9 KB, 41 views)