Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-17-2007, 11:33 AM

Default GasGas sales - USA and worldwide

Just curious what folks know about GasGas sales in the USA as well as worldwide. I understand that GasGas sales (such as the ec300 in France) are quite brisk, yet things seem kind of quiet around my area. Our local GasGas dealer sold quite a few bikes in the early 2000's, but sales dropped over the last few years. I occasionally run into someone with an older Gasser that loves the way that it works, but will never buy another one due to reliability (real or perceived) issues or lack of resale. I find this truly sad, because I have found the 250 and 300 to be pure magic for enduro use. Anyway, are Gasser sales (and production) up, down, or flat? Is the reputation of the Orange Crush and the Japanese contingencies quashing GasGas here and abroad?
BMG was the USA savior for Husaberg, can they do (or are they doing) the same for GasGas?

Old 06-17-2007, 08:48 PM

tm: I for one certainly hope that the sales are big enough to keep everybody in the "black" but the selfish side of me doesn't want EVERYBODY knowing about the MAGIC that these bikes really are!
Old 06-18-2007, 07:41 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I saw a lot of '07 Gassers up at the the Classic Turkey Run in NH a few weeks ago.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:49 AM

There in SA sales are about 40 a year. Not huge but growing.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:59 PM

I saw a program on "Two Wheels" in SA (is it still running Brains?) total annual production numbers then (about 2 years ago) were 15,000, with 5,000 trials bikes, 5,000 enduro bikes and 5,000 quads (believe it or not, although I could be mistaken).

'06 Raga Rep

(hopefully '08 EC200 & '10 TXT Pro 250 soon)
Old 06-19-2007, 11:39 PM

Tim

I'm not sure as I disconnected the decoder about two years ago to restrict the kids viewing. I'll mail the factory and try and get the no's.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:41 PM

Unhappy

Here in Wenatchee Wash. Condotta's Motorsports dropped the gasgas line. From what I've gathered there just wasn't enough support/ info. from GG. Also Skagit has dropped the 2t's and 4t's and kept the trials. They couldn't even promise me they will be able to do any work on my 4t in the future. TM do U happen to know of a good GG shop in Wash. that knows gasgas and can work on them? Maybe Erik? Would be good to know if I need some help down the road.
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1
Old 06-22-2007, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybars View Post
Here in Wenatchee Wash. Condotta's Motorsports dropped the gasgas line. From what I've gathered there just wasn't enough support/ info. from GG. Also Skagit has dropped the 2t's and 4t's and kept the trials. They couldn't even promise me they will be able to do any work on my 4t in the future. TM do U happen to know of a good GG shop in Wash. that knows gasgas and can work on them? Maybe Erik? Would be good to know if I need some help down the road.
Flybars, I do not at this point. Like others, I am waiting to see if the prospective dealer works out a deal with GasGas. Support from the new importer has been strong with Husaberg, I would surmise that the same would go for GasGas.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:00 AM

flybars,

I do not know of any dealer in SW WA that sells GasGas.

It is tough for a GasGas dealer to make a go around here with the strong presence of other Euro machines and the 4T movement. Many off-roaders are buying 4T, especially with the DOT approved dual sports from KTM and Husky.

A street legal dual sport from GG would be a big plus as the dual sport street licensing is getting very tough in WA and OR.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric K View Post
flybars,

I do not know of any dealer in SW WA that sells GasGas.

It is tough for a GasGas dealer to make a go around here with the strong presence of other Euro machines and the 4T movement. Many off-roaders are buying 4T, especially with the DOT approved dual sports from KTM and Husky.

A street legal dual sport from GG would be a big plus as the dual sport street licensing is getting very tough in WA and OR.

How true that is. KTMs seem to be sold on every corner and Husky wr250 (2007 models) are being sold for $5K (the clearance of Husky stock seems to be an annual thing now) and the DOT euro enduro bikes are really having an effect on potential GG buyers. Sadly, as much as those of us in the know are aware of the great attributes of GasGas, public perception and other factors are conspiring against a great brand.