Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Enduro Cross on Speed

I may as well be the first to start a post here. Did anyone see the Vegas race on Speed yesterday. I looked pretty gnarly! Taddy sure pushed Knighter enough to p**s him off that he ghosted his bike over the tire jump! He sure seemed ticked off in the interview after. Our racing association this year is having a 4 race endurocross series this coming year! It should be great! We had one event last year called Corner Grass that was a hit, unfortunately I couldn't make it. Here is the link to the site for some highlights and what the course looked like.
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...64389&q=corner
And here is a helmet cam video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jaf0diNrcd8

'07 EC300 sold
'06 EC300 sold
'78 Suzuki RM250C2
'75 Yamaha YZ250B sold

Old 02-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Saw it.
Knight was disgusted cause his team mate cost him $50 grand, by not letting him win the triple crown.

Thanks for the links I've seen those grass tracks before they look super cool and very fun.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 02-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

What is the fascination with EnduroX???? I find it boring, synthetic, lame, sort of like football on astro turf in a domed stadium, ie w/o substance.

Enduro belongs in the woods on singletrack, in the weather, w/o laps, unknown NATURAL obstacles around every corner, no spectators, no tractor tires or telephone poles, no PA announcer splitting my ear drums with crap, no prima donnas crying over money, no idea where you are going, no idea how long you will be riding, only a clock, an odometer, the mud, trees, rocks, scorecards, arrows, hills, logs, mountains, leaves, vines, thorns, ruts, roots, blood, pain, ice, fog, snow, heat, humidity, checkpoints, 2 trees 30" apart without bark handlebar high on each one, mile markers, getting lost, alternate lines, creeks, streams, rivers, clay, deserts, rain, sand, whoops, bruises, cuts on your neck, leaves, pine straw, broken fenders, broken handguards, broken bones, broken hearts, sweat, dehydration, questions of "WHY", tears, self doubt, resilency, courage, and finally.......................

THE FINISH!

WHERE IS MY BEER!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE THE REAL ENDURO!!!!

Current ride: 2009 WR450

Previously owned: 12 Gas Gas XC300R, 06 WR450, 06 YZ250, 05 Gas Gas EC250, 05 KTM 450EXC, 02 KX250 w/EG310 kit, 03 YZ250F
Old 02-04-2008, 06:59 AM

What he said!!! Yeah!!! Of course, enduros are for us, the riders. Endurocross is so the coutch potatos can watch us ride.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit9 View Post
What is the fascination with EnduroX???? I find it boring, synthetic, lame, sort of like football on astro turf in a domed stadium, ie w/o substance.

Enduro belongs in the woods on singletrack, in the weather, w/o laps, unknown NATURAL obstacles around every corner, no spectators, no tractor tires or telephone poles, no PA announcer splitting my ear drums with crap, no prima donnas crying over money, no idea where you are going, no idea how long you will be riding, only a clock, an odometer, the mud, trees, rocks, scorecards, arrows, hills, logs, mountains, leaves, vines, thorns, ruts, roots, blood, pain, ice, fog, snow, heat, humidity, checkpoints, 2 trees 30" apart without bark handlebar high on each one, mile markers, getting lost, alternate lines, creeks, streams, rivers, clay, deserts, rain, sand, whoops, bruises, cuts on your neck, leaves, pine straw, broken fenders, broken handguards, broken bones, broken hearts, sweat, dehydration, questions of "WHY", tears, self doubt, resilency, courage, and finally.......................

THE FINISH!

WHERE IS MY BEER!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE THE REAL ENDURO!!!!
I really enjoyed reading this.

The fascination is, drum roll please...CARNAGE! People want to see lots of CARNAGE! They want broken bikes and bodies littered all over the stadium. They want to see the worlds best Enduro racers look human. Carnage sells and big names are drawn in by big bucks. Enduro X is only gonna grow, they have been doing indoor enduros in europe for years. Its extreme and extreme sports entertain and fill seats.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

I like watching the endurocross much better than supercross. Supercross is pretty boring with Reed and Stewart as easy winners. I like the endurocross because it is more unpredictable. Sure the course is small and obstacles extreme, but the same rider could go from 1st to 5th quickly with a stupid mistake. It sounds like for this year there are plans for more races (even in Columbus, OH). If it comes to Ohio, I plan to make the journey to see some mayhem.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Cladoo, my post was not aimed at you, just all the hype surrounding indoor stuff. I think Stupidcross sucks too. We are all free to like what we want.

Current ride: 2009 WR450

Previously owned: 12 Gas Gas XC300R, 06 WR450, 06 YZ250, 05 Gas Gas EC250, 05 KTM 450EXC, 02 KX250 w/EG310 kit, 03 YZ250F
Old 02-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Site Sponsor

No offense taken Blanco. I've been riding and racing since 1974 and when I see any motorcycle TV coverage I get a little excited because back then we used to have to wait once a year just to see one race on the tube, that being the USGP from Carlsbad. I don't care much for Supercross or the Endurocross but I'll watch it. But in all honesty I'd rather be riding.
'07 EC300 sold
'06 EC300 sold
'78 Suzuki RM250C2
'75 Yamaha YZ250B sold
Old 02-05-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
Saw it.
Knight was disgusted cause his team mate cost him $50 grand, by not letting him win the triple crown.

Thanks for the links I've seen those grass tracks before they look super cool and very fun.
I don't think his team mate cost him $50 grand, Knight didn't earn the $50 grand by winning the race.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyellard View Post
I don't think his team mate cost him $50 grand, Knight didn't earn the $50 grand by winning the race.
You got that right! He didn't earn it and thought he had it in the bag.
David's actions afterwords proved he thought his teammate should have let him win and that he cost him the $50 grand. All the coverage I've seen of the post race festivities David is a pissed off poor sport pouting in the interviews and podium.

But hey thats a lot of cash, that would suck to have the win and cash in your grasp and watch it slip away. But he shouldn't expect someone to throw a race for his gain, teammate or not!

This isn't Boxing or Hollywood its racing.

Roscoe