Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Site Sponsor

Default clutch not progressive..

my clutch feels kinda grabby. it's hard to slip progressively. i know the plates (both steel and friction) are close to the bottom of their wear limit. the basket is not notched. i've bled the slave, and rebuilt the master. i'm gonna try mixing some other plates in to achieve a taller stack height... i'm assuming the plates are worn enough that it's just reaching the end of it's service limit...i run klotz flexdrive 30. clutch does not drag... any other suggestions??

Old 11-27-2009, 08:12 PM

I am having the same problems with my 06 EC300 that I just bought. The 02 I just sold and my sons 250 has a much better feel. Keep us posted as to what you figure out.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Site Sponsor

as soon as my new (to me) clutch shows up i'll mix and match and see if it's a stack height issue.... i know the plates (both friction and steels) were right at bottom of service limit and that springs were good. if i can achieve even .5mm taller stack it'll probably feel better. hopefully..
Old 11-28-2009, 06:12 AM

I was looking at clutch plates for the bike and noticed that Barnetts gives the same part number for GG as a lot of late model KTM big bikes and ATV like the 450 SX and . This would be much easier to locate. Anyone know anything about this? It is not in the crossover section.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Site Sponsor

haven't checked to see if barnett's plates for the gg are the same as ktm.. i guess you could call them up and ask....if you do call them, let me know.... i still should get new plates..

as for my grabby clutch issue, it was worn plates. both frictions and steels were at the very end of service limit. i mixed the thickest plates from 2 different clutches together and now it's perfect...
Old 11-29-2009, 08:14 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlesscycle View Post
haven't checked to see if barnett's plates for the gg are the same as ktm.. i guess you could call them up and ask....if you do call them, let me know.... i still should get new plates..

as for my grabby clutch issue, it was worn plates. both frictions and steels were at the very end of service limit. i mixed the thickest plates from 2 different clutches together and now it's perfect...
Barnetts lists the same part numbers for GG and some KTM's. They also fit lots of old Hondas, like CR450 and some CL350's or something like that. I like the way the clutch works when I am moving, really easy to slip it, but taking off I find myself riding like a noob. I seem to rev 'er up and not moving .
http://www.barnettclutches.com/searc...n=301-48-10001
Old 11-29-2009, 11:56 PM
Site Sponsor

that's what mine would do, i'd have to rev to the moon and drop the clutch. sucked.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
my clutch feels kinda grabby. it's hard to slip progressively. i know the plates (both steel and friction) are close to the bottom of their wear limit. the basket is not notched. i've bled the slave, and rebuilt the master. i'm gonna try mixing some other plates in to achieve a taller stack height... i'm assuming the plates are worn enough that it's just reaching the end of it's service limit...i run klotz flexdrive 30. clutch does not drag... any other suggestions??
Have you checked the slave or master is not worn? I've had a problem with a slave cylinder being worn and making the lever action notchy. Other than that have you ever had car oil in it? Sometimes (not always) the friction modifiers mess up a wet clutch action.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Site Sponsor

both slave and master were rebuilt. i only run klotz flexdrive in it. the problem was definitely worn plates.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
both slave and master were rebuilt. i only run klotz flexdrive in it. the problem was definitely worn plates.
Ok as long as it's working but for the future if you have worn cylinders either slave or master then a rebuild kit wont work. At least it didn't for me as the actual bore was worn causing the piston to stick a little.