Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDude View Post
It seems that it would be impossible to please all. Even down to having the E start added. I agree with Dank. Bring in the stripped down models only. (aside from maybe suspension ) and work on a better hard parts Catalog. For the ones that don't like to wrench on the own bikes (I like that almost as much as riding) the trick parts that a potential customer would like could be added at the dealers. To have all this added at the factory would really slow down assemble. Which would only raise the initial cost up each bike.
HD,
That's really the point I have been making on the other thread about the 2012 models. One standard unit, a unit with e start and a full Race model. I think the Race model could come with the things that the 6D models have now like a skid plate, rad braces, better rotors. That's some bling but not too much. My goal would be to keep the Race model in the mid $8k range. It seems that $9k is the price threshold for most people.
You also raise a good point about assembly time. In a perfect world for the factory, every distributor would want every motorcycle to be exactly the same even down to the vin system. When Ted and I were in Spain, the production manager asked why the US did not use the world wide vin system. It slowed them down ever so slightly to change their tracking system and vin sytem to our vin from the rest of the world's system. In other words, the more specialized things I ask for from the factory, the more push back I will get from the production people. Or they may want to build all of our bikes at one time so they don't have to change over in mid production. I would do that on the Race model if I could get them in August.
Anyway, thanks for the input from all of you. I appreciate it because I have gotten some good ideas from you all, except Scott Rocher!
Merry Christams, guys!
Clay

Old 12-24-2010, 11:23 AM

I agree with Dank unless the standard model was set up for a 6'6" 205lb slow 47 year old that likes to ride rocky single track. I which case I'll submit my list for the "standard" model and everyone else can change it back when they buy it.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDude View Post
It seems that it would be impossible to please all. Even down to having the E start added. I agree with Dank. Bring in the stripped down models only. (aside from maybe suspension ) and work on a better hard parts Catalog. For the ones that don't like to wrench on the own bikes (I like that almost as much as riding) the trick parts that a potential customer would like could be added at the dealers. To have all this added at the factory would really slow down assemble. Which would only raise the initial cost up each bike.
By the way....have you guys seen the new PP catalog that Mark at Go Fasters has put together? It's very cool and has a ton of good stuff in it. And it is growing. He decided not to print it yet because he expects to ad more to it. I think Jeff put a link to it somewhere on this forum. if not, email me and I will send it to you.
clay@ggor.us
Old 12-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankydoug View Post
I agree with Dank unless the standard model was set up for a 6'6" 205lb slow 47 year old that likes to ride rocky single track. I which case I'll submit my list for the "standard" model and everyone else can change it back when they buy it.
LOL!!
That's funny!
You know....I really like this forum. The guys here have a good sense of humor and don't take cheap shots at each other like the guys on the orange site.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
HD,
That's really the point I have been making on the other thread about the 2012 models. One standard unit, a unit with e start and a full Race model. I think the Race model could come with the things that the 6D models have now like a skid plate, rad braces, better rotors. That's some bling but not too much. My goal would be to keep the Race model in the mid $8k range. It seems that $9k is the price threshold for most people.
You also raise a good point about assembly time. In a perfect world for the factory, every distributor would want every motorcycle to be exactly the same even down to the vin system. When Ted and I were in Spain, the production manager asked why the US did not use the world wide vin system. It slowed them down ever so slightly to change their tracking system and vin sytem to our vin from the rest of the world's system. In other words, the more specialized things I ask for from the factory, the more push back I will get from the production people. Or they may want to build all of our bikes at one time so they don't have to change over in mid production. I would do that on the Race model if I could get them in August.
Anyway, thanks for the input from all of you. I appreciate it because I have gotten some good ideas from you all, except Scott Rocher!
Merry Christams, guys!
Clay
Clay

The US vin sytem has been brought up in a couple threads. Fully understanding that these bikes are imported as closed course machines, a non conforming vin would be a deal killer and quick jump back to orange for many that ride enduros.

Thanks to all the hard work

ED
Old 12-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Ventura View Post
Clay

The US vin sytem has been brought up in a couple threads. Fully understanding that these bikes are imported as closed course machines, a non conforming vin would be a deal killer and quick jump back to orange for many that ride enduros.

Thanks to all the hard work

ED
Ed,
The factory understands that we have to have US vins. They were curious why we didn't use the world wide vin system. I told them that I thought that the US had a vin system first and that the rest of the world didn't adopt ours. I was using this as an example of how a small but critical component irritates the production guys. I saw that at KTM a lot too. The production people are happiest when everything is the same. I understand that, too.
Thank you for the kind words.
Clay
Old 12-24-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
HD,
Merry Christams, guys!
Clay
Friends like you, who needs enemies?

FYI, I bought you a case of beer for Christmas, but after reading that post I went out to my garage and pulled out 2 for myself. I guarantee that the rest will be gone real soon.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyR View Post
Friends like you, who needs enemies?

FYI, I bought you a case of beer for Christmas, but after reading that post I went out to my garage and pulled out 2 for myself. I guarantee that the rest will be gone real soon.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
I was wondering how long it would take you to see that!
I guess I shot myself in the foot, huh?
Old 12-24-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
I was wondering how long it would take you to see that!
I guess I shot myself in the foot, huh?
na, all the money you will get from not taking his ideas will be able to buy lots and lots of beer.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
na, all the money you will get from not taking his ideas will be able to buy lots and lots of beer. :d

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!