Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:48 AM

Default Best handguard?Bark busters on the market?

Hi All,

What are the best Bark busters out there? I had a set of RaceTech Supermoto handguards that looked good and saved my hand in the woods but after 8 hours the inner bar clamps broke away and I lost one of the hand guards mid race, they also needed constant adjusting even with thread lock.

I dont mid buying online, all suggestions welcome for a strong, well clamped barkbuster!

Old 03-14-2011, 06:05 AM

i use cycra series 1 pro-bend with bike bonz mounts and never had them move, back when i used acerbis they moved all the time in crashes at the middle mounts, the bike bonz eliminated that for me
Old 03-14-2011, 06:50 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Cycra Probends Std or CRMs
Old 03-14-2011, 06:58 AM

Thanks guys mine seem to move at the bar ends rather than the clamp in the middle of the bar, can you replace the bar ends with stronger ones?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:28 AM

Tap the bar and use the threaded insert type like the BRPs, end of problems. Of course if you crash hard enough you can bend/break anything.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

The metal threaded inserts work really well on the bar ends.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
The metal threaded inserts work really well on the bar ends.
+1 on that.

The best guards I've used though were the Fastways using their top clamp. They were solid. I had previously used the EE/Moose/etc. version and they spun in every crash and I could not keep the bolts tight even with locktite. I used the inserts but could not keep bolts in the clamps. I got fed up and got the Fastways and never looked back.

I had to abandon the Fastways when I went to a submount for my damper and went with Cycra Probends (w/bar clamp). They have actually held up very well even with the bar clamps, so I'd give a vote for them as well.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:37 AM

I find they all crack or break at the bar end. I use 1in wide bar stock form the local metal yard. IT ends up wider at the bar end thus more durable. My current pair has almost six monthes on them. I had gone though four pairs of store bought skinny ones in the yaer previous.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:52 PM

I've run the Cycras and like them, but fit always seems to be an issue. I think if you are looking for the "best" out there, it would probably fall on Fastway system. Quality stuff, but you will pay for it. Enduro Engineering also make great stuff.

I have been simply running Moose aluminum contours for the past 2 seasons with contour deflectors. They fit great and are extremely durable and come at a great price. They work great a deflecting fir trees
Old 03-14-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
I find they all crack or break at the bar end. I use 1in wide bar stock form the local metal yard. IT ends up wider at the bar end thus more durable. My current pair has almost six monthes on them. I had gone though four pairs of store bought skinny ones in the yaer previous.
Any pictures of those you can post??
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone