Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Injury & Recovery

Injury & Recovery Injuries, Health Issues, Vision & Body Repair

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2011, 11:46 AM

Default Recovery time, torn ligaments

Hey all, looking for advice from anyone with experience with torn ligaments in regards to recovery time and riding. I was trail running 10 days ago when rolled my ankle and heard a loud pop. Went to the doc, he said complete tear. It would be two weeks on crutches an 6-9 months for complete recovery. Ten days later, I still have significant pain and swelling. Half of my lower leg is blue and yellow and I don't see how I could be off crutches in four days.

My main question is how long after an injury like this could I feasibly be riding? I would like to LBJ on labor day weekend. Does anyone think this is possible? There is no way I could get in a boot now, but I'm thinking once the swelling goes down and I'm in boot, it should stabilize the ankle enough to ride.

Thanks for any advise or tips.