Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default LTR Mud Guard and a Hyde Combo?

Hi all , has anyone tried a LTR Mud Guard and a Hyde combo together ?
I have been reading about how the Hyde combo is a mud trap. I have seen the post's where it is suggested to use the foam , but......i got thinking about this other idea. Would you lose too much air flow this way and make the bike run to hot? Would it just trap the mud that did get in even more? Any ideas people? Just thinking out load here and didnt see this question posted , so i thought hmmmm i wonder. Thanks all

Out on the Trails on Vancouver Island , BC

Steve

Old 03-05-2008, 12:55 AM

I just installed that very combo. Look in the 2 stroke section under "06 pipe on an 02" for some pics. The LTR mud guard fit nicely behind the Hyde. It does touch the pipe on the riders right but so far no melting. This piece will keep mud off the front of the engine but will not prevent it from stacking up behind the pipe on the guard. The hyde came packed with closed cell foam that I stuffed in the space between the cases and the frame rails. What is needed to really prevent mud build up is a piece that extends up off the Hyde guard and back to the frame rails. But then one would not be able to see the chrome of the exhaust once all cleaned up. All in all I am tickled pink with the Hyde combo. I will try to get some action pics of it sliding over stuff soon.

Paul B
Old 03-05-2008, 07:09 AM

I cut a block of foam in four pieces. A big one across the front in the gap between the pipe and the frame/motor, level with the top of the pipe. It fits in compression on the pipe the heat has no effect on it. The second between the fat part of the pipe and the right frame rail, vertical, in front of the rad hose. The other two on each side of the motor, between the cases and frame rails. This works pretty good. The plate stays clean underneath, and while mud can still build on top of the foam it comes off when the foam is pulled for washing.

The pipe guard part traps stuff too. This can be a PIA, but after thinking about it its not a bad thing. There is plenty of air space there so it drains and dries fast. I had two pipes(otherwise good) rust and pit badly from trapped water/mud in e-line guards. If you have an e-line thats been on for awhile take it off, you may be in for a surprise.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

See , i knew someone around here would have tried this combo out. I must say this site is a gold mine of GG info , and i for one am very thankful for its members. Thanks for the replies , Steve

Out on the Trails on Vancouver Island , BC

Steve