Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2011, 03:25 PM

Thanks guys. Gofasters team made 16th overall and number 1 US club team. Greg Gillian had major clutch issues with his Honda and that stopped us from having a much better overall finish. Max is a young stud and rides very well. He was number 1 c3 USA rider and I was number 2 C3 USA rider. I was 26th in class and Max was 13th. Even at 13th Max only earned a silver. The guy who won our class also overalled the club team scores and was 33rd overall ISDE points finisher. Talk about a fast rider, wow.

It was a tough event for me. I dropped some route points on day 1 due to a check error, got stuck in a huge swamp, and then got pulled over by the police on a road section. I dropped 5 mins on day 1. I was able to stay on time the rest of the week though. On day 3 I lost 10 minutes in the special test due to a very tough hill climb and huge bottleneck. Some riders decided to cut the course instead of climbing the hill while I was stuck 3/4 of the way up and pushing my bike to the top. I was not giving up my position on the hill again and just decided to push. I waited 5 mins for a chance to climb as riders were freaking out and not giving each other a shot. The test should have been thrown out but was not. Other US riders who came in the test behind me used the short cut and were 10 min faster. It took me 18 min and under normal conditions I could do the test in 7 mins.

The rest of the tests and week were OK. There were a few bottlenecks and sections were I got stuck in the tests and had to dig out. We all had issues at one point or another though. So, you just keep plugging along and try keeping moving forward as much as possible.