Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:04 PM

We have a few MX guys in the department, but since we live in the NW its mostly wood riders. I race a few enduros each year, but nothing serious.

One of the guys I work with personally, just had a bad get off 2 weeks ago and hit his head bad. He is still having issues with his memory and eyesight and will be off for months at least. Really gets you to thinking.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
OK, I did a little experiment the other day while out riding. I wanted to see just how much I still use my clutch even with the rekluse. I moved my clutch lever in on the bars so I couldn't reach it. Well it really screwed with me. I couldn't get used to not using it. I was surprised at how much I still use it. In and out of corners and climbing. I would really have to ride more without it to get use to not using it.
You know I was going to do this same thing prior to installing...... But I tool around on my bike too much as it is so I decided to just make the change and go with it.

And what a pay off it was. Within the first 5 miles I had it down.

It is hard to explain w/o actually riding one with LHRB (AND BELIEVE ME I TOLD MYSELF OVER AND OVER I WOULD NEVER EVER DO IT.....) With the LHRB it is so much easier to go from standing up to sitting down.
First AWESOME thing is it only takes me 1 sometimes 2 finger(s) to engage the brake (keep in mind I have the Brembo Dual Piston Caliper !!!!).
Second AWESOME is that I can come flying up to an obstacle or corner feather the LHRB lever, come into the corner and if right turn able to put my right foot down yet have rear brake control with LHRB --- Then BRAP back on the throttle and away I go.

I did have a few times when I was coming to a stop or finding neutral I would grab the LHRB thinking it was the clutch.... But that is no big deal to me and time will get rid of that.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:31 AM
Banned

Well I tried riding again without touching the clutch lever. This time I did it, didn't touch it not once. Had to make sure the idle was set perfect. And worked great....ordered the Rekluse LHRB should be hear Friday?

Last edited by desertgasser300; 10-15-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:05 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
Well I tried riding again without touching the clutch lever. This time I did it, didn't touch it not once. Had to make sure the idle was set perfect. And worked great....ordered the Rekluse LHRB should be hear Friday? Paid $250 from Rekluse.
Usually I ride without touching the clutch lever at all. Have done so for at least a couple of years.
I have now bought a second hand Hayes Stroker Trail master cylinder off ebay. I expect it to arrive early next week. I'll make the foot master cylinder insert myself. It will take some time, but I'll report back if/when I have a working setup.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 10-03-2013, 10:26 AM

I would be interested in knowing how you build the foot master cylinder insert.
Photos would be awesome.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 10-04-2013, 01:39 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto7man View Post
I would be interested in knowing how you build the foot master cylinder insert.
Photos would be awesome.
The plan is to turn it from 6082 aluminium. My season's last race will be the Gotland Grand National in a month, I'm not sure if I will tear my brakes apart before that one is over. I have a couple of other (house) projects to attend to before the winter and frost hits us here in Norway, so the LHRB might be posponed until the cold and dark season.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 10-04-2013, 10:31 AM

No worries.........

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 10-15-2013, 10:08 PM

I just saw this GasGas dual front caliper on the GasGas Trials page.
Could this be fitted to the rear of a EC300?

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/es/racing-...tory-team.html

I also saw this one in the enduro section for the front which accepts discs up to 320mm.

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/es/racing-...ro-brembo.html

―Comedian Lewis Black

-Unknown Sardaukar

Last edited by Moto7man; 10-15-2013 at 10:12 PM. Reason: add link