Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Sweet. Once we crack this nut, then I can work on my time machine which will give me those two extra hours per day to get stuff done. I've been meaning to get to the time machine, but I can't find the time.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:56 PM

Did the experiment ever take place?
Old 11-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Greetings.

No, the experiment never took place. The governor showed up in the spring, and i was getting my butt kicked at work. I couldn't find the time to work the experiment, so the governor went back to widebear. I never even opened the package.

I was only able to ride three times this year. It's not been a good motorcycle year. Maybe next year will be better.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I agree with gasgasman in that the powervalve response to rpm should be measured as an assembly. The response curve of just the unloaded powervalve centrifugal drive unit will be different than the complete powervalve assembly. The load of the bell crank and linkage is likely to be relatively constant, but the pressure and resulting force of the exhaust gasses on the powervalve in the exhaust port is likely to be variable relative to RPM, engine size and engine load.

It is also my understanding that there are and have been differences in the spring rates and amounts of preload between engine sizes, years and bike models.

That being said, I do think the concept is a great idea. I just want to caution people that the results may not be directly or universally applicable.