Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:27 PM

Default Newbie inviting riders to Brock Creek Ar on New Years Ride.

I am a proud owner of a GasGas! Whoopee! I just bought a used GG 300, have been wanting one for years. I have a KTM, 2 DRZs, and a 69 Triumph, so I guess you can tell how addicted I am.

I would like to invite any and all to a New Years week/weekend ride at Brock Creek in North Central Arkansas. This place has some of the best and toughest Singletrack in the nation, but it is little known because there is no racing allowed. It is in the Ozark St. Francis National Forest, and we work closely with the USFS to have the Singletrack there.

We have a small off road club called River Valley Dirt Riders, who helps maintain the trails, and we always have a New Years get together. There will be some folks there from right after Xmas until Sunday afternoon, riding, celebrating, and just having fun. Last year we rode 2 days of tough Singletrack, then did a 150 mile Dual Sport ride. The DS stuff at Brock is more like a long course Enduro though. At least 30% of the DS ride is what some would call a "Hero section".

You can check out this ride at www.singletrackplanet.com, and in Region 1 on www.ktmtalk.com.

By the way, a bunch of you know Jim Cook, former Gas Gas dealer from Arkansas. Jim is a buddy of mine and he told me about the bike I bought. Jim has ridden at Brock several times, and he can vouch for the quality of the trails. He might not claim me as a friend, but I like him anyway.

Jeff Gaston.