Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-08-2022, 05:21 PM

Cool Making EC300 road legal possible in Canada? Also VIN

Just wondering if anyone has has any luck getting their bike road legal, specifically in BC Canada. Because I know ICBC can be pretty strict about this kind of thing so I dont know if its even possible. My bike I believe is a 2014 GasGas EC300 or so I was told. It has High/low beam headlights and controls for turn signals but no actual signals on the bike. Also if anyone knows anything about decoding VINS its VTRECH2C5EG400141 but the numbers are super unclear so a couple could be wrong, any info with that VIN is appreciated. Thanks!

Old 07-10-2022, 04:49 PM

Talking Legal in Alberta

Not sure about BC, but my 2011 ec300 is registered for the street in Alberta. It took awhile for my insurance company to figure out what it was however. The previous owner, who bought it new, had registered it for the road so that part was easy here. I have the front signals only on mine but they didn't ask to inspect it. Good luck!
Old 07-11-2022, 12:09 PM

My 2011 is road registered in Ontario, but it's never actually on the road except for some connecting of trail sections. Here you need to go for the on-road plate at time of purchase. I was able to get street insurance with TD because it was an Enduro model. Any "racing" model will be denied insurance. The insurance company wants photos of the machine to verify the make and model before providing a policy. The MTO wants to see proof of insurance before plating the bike.
Old 08-10-2022, 11:29 PM

ICBC changed the rules in 2015 for any conversions to streetable.
If it has RUM (Recreational Use Motorcycle) on a decal it will legally be a no go.
But if it was produced as a simple "M" motorcycle you should be good to go.