Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:39 AM

Default back bleeding clutch

can anyone help as im a bit confused!
I (stupidly now I think) decided to change the clutch fluid (mineral) I initially went to bleed it with gravity, the first thing that was strange was that the fluid didn't come out of the bleed nipple but came from underneath the braided line so I presumed maybe bleed nipple or something clogged up so took everything apart, cleared out and when using air can see that its getting through the bleed nipple fine, so I hooked everything back up with new washers and go to back bleed it and I cant get any fluid into the system at all at the slave cylinder? am I missing something completely obvious or maybe I should but a new piston in the slave cylinder but there were no signs of any problems before I started (wish I had just left it alone!)

Old 08-29-2016, 05:17 PM

You blew every last bit of fluid out of the system so I'd first try loosening the banjo bolt at the slave and see if you can't get the master to push fluid out, then tighten that and try bleeding as normal.

Or loosen both ends of the hose and pour fluid in, and trap as much as you can. It'll be slow going.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:21 PM

If you do not have proper free play on the lever you will not be able to back bleed the system.

02 EC 200
03 MC 250
88 VT 800
01 TXT 280
Old 08-30-2016, 11:15 AM

thanks guys, luckily I bought a litre of fluid rather than the smaller pots so plenty to keep trying with! I know its better to be preventative with maintenance but I still sure wish I hadn't bothered!
Old 01-23-2018, 07:25 AM

2x on the stroke of the clutch cylinder lever adjustment, good video on YouTube explaining the why.

Same issue this weekend, I would tap the line to free trapped air up, and cycle lever several times. I would get a ?bubble? per stroke into the reservoir, topped off three times. Took an hour or so to get all out, so I would do other work while waiting.

Reverse bleeding with syringe through bleeder screw only made a mess due to not sealing well.