Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:40 AM

Hello what is the drain plug for?

Coolant? since it so high it wouldn't be for the Gear Oil? I am just asking cause I am NEW with this and not familiar with GASGAS.

I appreciate everyones HELP..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton View Post
Where your arrow is pointed there should be a drain plug on the bottom.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:42 AM

Hello,

What is the exact issue with the brake line routing? are you saying that the rotor and caliper are on the wrong side of the bike?

also does the GASGAS have suicide KickStands? Meaning when I sit on the bike the kickstand returns by itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator View Post
Urgently !!!

Last edited by silversleeper; 12-13-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
Hello,

What is the exact issue with the brake line routing? are you saying that the rotor and caliper are on the wrong side of the bike?

also does the GASGAS have suicide KickStands? Meaning when I sit on the bike the kickstand returns by itself?
Brake line hose should be routed inside the fork leg to the caliper, not outside the fork leg, as in your picture. As fitted in your photo, it is very easily snagged/damaged by rocks, stumps, logs, etc...
The GasGas does have the suicide stand, but there are easy fixes for it...
PV stands for 'power valve'.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:41 PM

awsome... Thanks for the clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrcrocks View Post
Brake line hose should be routed inside the fork leg to the caliper, not outside the fork leg, as in your picture. As fitted in your photo, it is very easily snagged/damaged by rocks, stumps, logs, etc...
The GasGas does have the suicide stand, but there are easy fixes for it...
PV stands for 'power valve'.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
awsome... Thanks for the clarification
And the drain in the powervalve cover is for leftover oil from the exhaust.

The oversized power valve gives better low end torque by allowing more exhaust area to open up at low speed power valve position. When the power valve moves as the RPMs increase the port that allows the extra volume is closed off and you run on the expansion chamber (exhaust pipe) only.

To explain further, an exhaust pipe with a longer head section allows for more low end power but a longer head pipe section will subtract from the top end power, the power valve in association with the oversized power valve cover allows the 'dual' function of a longer head pipe section that 'disappears' as RPMs increase to allow plenty of top end power.... Clear as mud ??
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 12-13-2013, 01:34 PM

Hello Fred,

Awesome very much Appreciated. mud is clear. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1956 View Post
And the drain in the powervalve cover is for leftover oil from the exhaust.

The oversized power valve gives better low end torque by allowing more exhaust area to open up at low speed power valve position. When the power valve moves as the RPMs increase the port that allows the extra volume is closed off and you run on the expansion chamber (exhaust pipe) only.

To explain further, an exhaust pipe with a longer head section allows for more low end power but a longer head pipe section will subtract from the top end power, the power valve in association with the oversized power valve cover allows the 'dual' function of a longer head pipe section that 'disappears' as RPMs increase to allow plenty of top end power.... Clear as mud ??
Old 12-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
the 06 300 I had was green sticker
The compliance people that I work with tell me there is no exemption for small manufacturers for green sticker and that, looking back through the records, there have never been any green sticker legal GG motorcycles. Not arguing with you, Darkside, just passing along comments from people who deal with the EPA and CARB on a daily basis. I guess it's possible something fell through a crack. Stanger things have happened!
Old 12-13-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Hello Darkside,

2006 EC250/300 Reason I ask is that I am looking at a few here in California and they were apparently sold as Green From Day one from the Dealership. What is odd to me is that a 2003 EC250 that was sold up in San Rafael was sold as RED from day one, so that's why I am a bit confused.

I just notice your from the SF Bay area, so maybe you saw the 2003 EC up on Craigslist in the Sunset area? I spoke to the guy and his is Red Sticker.

Thanks,

Tim
All depends on the VIN, as usual...

Where you located?
Old 12-13-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
The compliance people that I work with tell me there is no exemption for small manufacturers for green sticker and that, looking back through the records, there have never been any green sticker legal GG motorcycles. Not arguing with you, Darkside, just passing along comments from people who deal with the EPA and CARB on a daily basis. I guess it's possible something fell through a crack. Stanger things have happened!
All depends on what the VIN had in the 8th position. It seems there was a time period where it did not have the evil numbers in that position.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:44 PM

Hello Brian,

I am in California, Clay just told me to look for the 3 or C in the 8th place on the VIN# I am going to see the bike next week and see what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
All depends on what the VIN had in the 8th position. It seems there was a time period where it did not have the evil numbers in that position.