Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Netra Race Report

Well This Weekend Went Pretty Good For The Gas Gas Boys, Jammin Jim Didn't Get The Result He Was Looking For But 3rd Still Is Not That Bad! 10 Seconds Behind 2nd And 1 Minute Behind First(local Boy Jake Korn) Took The Win. Jim Was Running In Second Until Lappers Forced Him To Take A Bad Line And Getting Stuck. A250 Matt Forrest Was Running In The Top 5 Until His Overweight And Not In Shape Body Took Its Toll. Baby Bryan Purcell Is On A Win Streak In The C Vet. First Year Racer Is On A Roll And Says He Has Got Billy Covered Next Year Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nick Masterson Got 3rd In The C Open Class, Dave Senecal (jim's Brother) Finished 4th Or 5th In The B200 Class. And Last But Not Least Was Myself Running In The Sportsmans Class. I Believe I Won But I Did Not Look At The Results. Three Laps Into It I Was Offered A Cold Beer And, Well You Know I Took Them Up On The Offer. Att., All Netra Gassers Feel Free To Stop By The Truck And Say Hi Or Better Yet Screem Out Gas Gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-30-2008, 01:09 PM

When Korn's around he will be very hard to beat now. His GNCC (and National enduro) results prove he has upped his game to a new level from local status fast boy.

Glad to see a strong GG showing!

Skidad
Old 07-30-2008, 04:20 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidad View Post
When Korn's around he will be very hard to beat now. His GNCC (and National enduro) results prove he has upped his game to a new level from local status fast boy.

Glad to see a strong GG showing!

Skidad
YES I AGREE. JAKE IS STUPID FAST. I GUESS I WORDED THAT WRONG.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:00 PM

Anyone know who the little kid was that was flashing the carboard Go gas gas sign?? It put a smile on my face when i saw it. I got 10th c senior. Only made it three of the four laps. My bike threw the chain on the second lap in the uphill mud section just after the long wooden bridge. might have been a few places better if not for that. I ran a trials tire for the first time ever .... SOLD!! That was like riding on velcro absolutely chugged through everything, zero wheel spin. Front tire was wrong for the conditions so the front did not induce lots of confidence. Second harescramble ever. First one was at the same race on my drz three years ago.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONALD BRUNDIGE View Post
Well This Weekend Went Pretty Good For The Gas Gas Boys, Jammin Jim Didn't Get The Result He Was Looking For But 3rd Still Is Not That Bad! 10 Seconds Behind 2nd And 1 Minute Behind First(local Boy Jake Korn) Took The Win. Jim Was Running In Second Until Lappers Forced Him To Take A Bad Line And Getting Stuck. A250 Matt Forrest Was Running In The Top 5 Until His Overweight And Not In Shape Body Took Its Toll. Baby Bryan Purcell Is On A Win Streak In The C Vet. First Year Racer Is On A Roll And Says He Has Got Billy Covered Next Year Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nick Masterson Got 3rd In The C Open Class, Dave Senecal (jim's Brother) Finished 4th Or 5th In The B200 Class. And Last But Not Least Was Myself Running In The Sportsmans Class. I Believe I Won But I Did Not Look At The Results. Three Laps Into It I Was Offered A Cold Beer And, Well You Know I Took Them Up On The Offer. Att., All Netra Gassers Feel Free To Stop By The Truck And Say Hi Or Better Yet Screem Out Gas Gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB GUYS!!!! PURCELL IS GOING TO HAVE IT EASY NEXT YEAR! I'M DONE AFTER THIS YEAR SO I WILL GLADLY HAND THE TORCH OFF TO THE WILD MAN BUT HE BETTER MAKE ME PROUD IN THE B-VET! GIVE ME A GAS GAS HOLLER!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:02 PM

my wife would kill me,but traveling around and riding hard for a great company seems like a nice idea
Old 07-31-2008, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fury1 View Post
my wife would kill me,but traveling around and riding hard for a great company seems like a nice idea

It is great and has been so much fun but I do get run down with all of the travel time. The race is easy but flying around isn't as easy as one thinks. It is a long day in airports as well as airplanes and rental cars. I would love to do it for another year but I'm not sure if Go-faster's will be doing it next year. With this economy and gas prices it is hard to make a commitment to drive all over the country. I am waiting to hear whether next season will be a go and what if any offer will be on the table. I have been blessed this year with a dream season and I am having a blast. I do miss my travel partner but family has to come first and we have the rest of our lives hang out as families anyway. I can't say exactly what I'll be doing next year only because I have not decided but I will say that I have recently had a few great offers come in. I will be deciding after the ISDE what my plans will be for next season.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYBURNS View Post
I can't say exactly what I'll be doing next year only because I have not decided but I will say that I have recently had a few great offers come in.
Here's another. Come back to play riding with us ! JK,LOL
Old 07-31-2008, 07:16 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid jackson View Post
Anyone know who the little kid was that was flashing the carboard Go gas gas sign?? It put a smile on my face when i saw it. I got 10th c senior. Only made it three of the four laps. My bike threw the chain on the second lap in the uphill mud section just after the long wooden bridge. might have been a few places better if not for that. I ran a trials tire for the first time ever .... SOLD!! That was like riding on velcro absolutely chugged through everything, zero wheel spin. Front tire was wrong for the conditions so the front did not induce lots of confidence. Second harescramble ever. First one was at the same race on my drz three years ago.
THAT WAS MY DAUGHTER MAKAYLA RAY BRUNDIGE.OR MY STEPSON ZACK.HE/ SHE HAS NOT STOPPED SCREAMING GAS GAS EVER SINCE. IT PUT A SMILE ON MY FACE ALSO. WE ARE TRYING OUR BUTTS OFF TO BE NOTICED. "SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL REDHEAD" GOOD RIDE SKID JACKSON AND EVERY OTHER GASSER OUT THERE.

Last edited by RONALD BRUNDIGE; 07-31-2008 at 03:18 PM.