Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 09-19-2009, 02:00 PM

Default Ad Apology

It has been brought to my attention that a recent "thank you" ad that I had made up for Trail Rider Magazine has offended some people in the Gas Gas community. I am very very sorry to have upset anyone and that was never my intention. My ad had a small picture the size of a dime that showed my broken swingarm and it had a red circle with a line through it. It simply meant no broken swingarm, come home with a medal. It wasn't brand specific nor did it say anything about GG or imply anything more. Looking at it now I guess that if I were riding a GG this year that noone would have been upset. I am on a KTM but would have ridden a GG again if I didn't have the support from them.

For the record, I alone chose the line that let me land on a rock which everyone believes broke my swingarm last year. You have a better chance of hitting the lottery than you do breaking a swingarm, I was the lucky one and that's it. I HAVE SUCH GREAT MEMORIES OF LAST YEARS ISDE THAT FAR OUT WAY WHAT HAPPENED. IN FACT DALE FROM GG USA HELPED ME GET MY BIKE AND I HAVE IT IN MY BARN AND WAS LOOKING AT IT JUST YESTERDAY. People have asked me if I would consider selling it and my answer is always the same, "no, it's not forsale and it never will be,sorry".

So again I am very sorry to have upset anyone by the small picture in my ad. Although I do hope that it doesn't happen again this year, I am more focused on coming home with a medal and making all of my supporters proud. Those of you that know me must know that I would never intentionally try to hurt anyone. I have never spoke negatively about Gas Gas Motorcycles in any way and I don't plan on starting now. I hope that you will all accept my apology!

Regretfully,
Billy Burns

Last edited by BILLYBURNS; 09-19-2009 at 08:28 PM. Reason: missed word

Old 09-20-2009, 05:30 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I never even saw that Billy. Just knowing your outstanding character, I can say that without a doubt that was not meant to be a jab at GasGas.

Good luck in Portugal! Get that gold medal this year.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff View Post
Good luck in Portugal! Get that gold medal this year.
Go get em'!

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.