Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:00 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default P-Tech Clutch 'cover' on 2013 EC 300

The manufacturer states 2012-2018. I bought one today from my mate as the original is almost worn through ( and has a dob of 'liquid metal' over the thinnest area).
As you'll be aware, the older clutch covers ( I reckon they hadnt changed from 2000...something to about 2014) have a raised section in the middle ( about 20mm in diameter) that corresponds to a 'divot' on the inside.
Unfortunately the P Tech one has a raised area right where it needs to be recessed.
A top tip given to me by my friend Chris ( who sold me the cover) was to use a razor blade/scalpel where the original gasket gets a bit stuck.Luckily I listened to him, and the original came out unscathed.
So, instead of returning it, I got out my die grinder and went at it! I did measure the 'depth' of the cover at its deepest before embarking.
Anyhoo, after a few mins, it looked OK, seemed to bolt up ok, so I put it all back together, filled the transmission and...........
It didnt leak and I could use the clutch!
In summary, without a bit of fiddling it wont fit the older bikes without a bit of McGuyvering.
2018 is a straight bolt on replacement and is about half the price of a Rekluse cover.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:54 PM

Pictures ?
2006 EC300 Enduro - Ignitech CDI - 38/NECW#2/165 FMF gnarly, FMF shorty, .50 front 5.7 rear

2016 RM-Z450
Old 01-18-2019, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgibson View Post
The manufacturer states 2012-2018. I bought one today from my mate as the original is almost worn through ( and has a dob of 'liquid metal' over the thinnest area).
As you'll be aware, the older clutch covers ( I reckon they hadnt changed from 2000...something to about 2014) have a raised section in the middle ( about 20mm in diameter) that corresponds to a 'divot' on the inside.
Unfortunately the P Tech one has a raised area right where it needs to be recessed.
A top tip given to me by my friend Chris ( who sold me the cover) was to use a razor blade/scalpel where the original gasket gets a bit stuck.Luckily I listened to him, and the original came out unscathed.
So, instead of returning it, I got out my die grinder and went at it! I did measure the 'depth' of the cover at its deepest before embarking.
Anyhoo, after a few mins, it looked OK, seemed to bolt up ok, so I put it all back together, filled the transmission and...........
It didnt leak and I could use the clutch!
In summary, without a bit of fiddling it wont fit the older bikes without a bit of McGuyvering.
2018 is a straight bolt on replacement and is about half the price of a Rekluse cover.
Ok!
But the cover is much stronger than stock?