Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 03-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default Hyde Combo and Thanks

Hey people , i got my Hyde Combo on my bike last night. It Fit quite well and the drain hole lined up and everything. I have some skid plate foam from another old plate , haven't put it in yet or a LTR mud guard , just want see what happens today with the shovel and then ponder things a little. Thank you to all the people who post reviews on products here and post their findings and also those who post suggestions and alterations to those products to make them work better. I will post up again as to how i found it to work for me. Steve

Out on the Trails on Vancouver Island , BC

Steve

Old 03-11-2008, 10:42 AM

Hey , this thing is great . It fit well ,it covers very well , and i did go through a fair bit of mud and mud puddles and seemed to have no more mud than i would have with my old plate. It did on the other hand take a little more time washing it out than before. I did find it really good over a few bigger logs , just slid right over. I'm glad to have went this route and would recommend it to others. I will post up after a few more weeks of use with an update on my feelings towards it , thanks all ,Steve

Steve
Old 05-27-2008, 11:35 AM

Hi,

Same here. Just got it and tried it out. Mounted up nicely, but made the drain hole bigger and cut out an extra drain hole at the lowest part.

Protection for the pipe seems great. Finally no more worries about tacoing the pipe.

Will keep it "open" for now. It might shovel more, but then it might be easier to clean. I usually lie the bike on one side (grip on the stand) and then the other to get at all the angles and can spray from above to clean under the engine. After that the bike is good as new.

Super product!
Old 05-27-2008, 07:18 PM

careful going over large logs that are across the trail that are on side hills. (think bannister on your stairway at home) That slick plastic can let the bike slide down the log. Especially if its wet.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:26 PM

Where's the best place to order a hyde combo from.Now that you 've had a few months to ride with it on has your opinion changed any as far as likes dislikes.Thanks Mike
Old 07-16-2008, 09:36 PM

my opinion is its still a great product , and i would buy it all over again. That Simple !

Steve