Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 04-30-2014, 06:16 AM

I threw a N3CW #3 and 42 pilot in it this afternoon. I just warmed it up and rode it round the backyard and then set about getting a feel for the bottom end of the revs (bike on the stand, no load).

The idle is much better, it's stronger and not as low. The air screw settled on about 3/4 out. The bike is super sensitive to AS changes at the moment, 1 turn out and it gets a lean bog when wicking the throttle open, .5 turn out and the idle drops below idle and is prone to stalling.

With the AS at 3/4 the response off idle seems good, it revs cleanly and settles back down to the nice idle in a reasonable time frame. Revving the engine at 1/8 throttle sounds good, lovely and clean with no burble. just after 1/8 throttle it leans right off and starts to rev high, I need to be on the bike riding it to test any further but I reckon with load on it it will be ok.

It also became noticeably vibier at idle and just above with the new needle, both through the pegs and through the seat. The bars are nice and insulated though, not much vibration through them at all.

Hoping to get out for a ride in the next few days, be interesting to see how it goes.

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC

Old 05-02-2014, 06:03 AM

Default 2014 Gas Gas EC300R

After my second ride I'm really really happy with this bike. Rode pretty fast sandy twin trail today and this bike eats it for breakfast.

Best thing I did was upgrade to this bike from my '11

A few small niggles - the top shroud mount grommets have fallen out on both sides.
The e start still works every time but is squealing a bit so I'll open it up for a look and probably wet mod it at the same time.

The kick starter bolt vibrated loose first ride, red loctite stopped that.

I noticed while washing it today that the tank is rubbing on the seat retaining bracket. I'll be gluing a bit of rubber on the bracket to stop that.

Apart from those small easily addressed issues this bike rocks!

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC
Old 05-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Next time I drop my oil (read have the bash plate off), I'll have a squiz and see if I've still got the hole in my 2013 cases. I've never had any issues with crap in mine or corrosion on the stator/flywheel but its probably caked with mud most the time, and all our water is fresh. No starter gears to bind and grind either.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:02 AM

Bit of maintenance tonight to get it ready for an upcoming ride.

First on the agenda was the fitment of a carb vent filter http://www.7602racing.com/prod_t6cf.php as after my last ride in the sand I noticed a few specks of sand/dust in the vent hoses only a few inches from the carb outlets?! Can this migrate its way into the carb and on towards the engine?
Anyway this vent filter will put a stop to that.

I obviously pulled the carb and cleaned it out, no signs of sand/dust in the carb but still, a worry that sand made its way that far up the hoses.

Fixed up the fuel tank as it was starting to rub in places previously pointed out by others (mainly where it butts against the seat holding bracket) - used a hammer to bend this tab away from the tank and then glued a bit of rubber on it which should prevent it rubbing through the tank. Also made the hole in front of the fuel cap larger so when I bolt it down it doesn't place pressure on the tank in any certain direction.

Last thing I did was fix up the bottom LHS subframe mount - one of the two holes didn't line up properly, meaning the M6 bolt would start threading itself into the aluminium subframe threads at an angle, obviously this wasn't going to end well, so I had to enlarge the hole in the frame by 1mm to give it enough room to allow the bolt to thread in straight. I also re-tapped the thread the clean it up. Works good as gold now.

Good preventative maintenance mainly, however in a perfect world, with the exception of the vent hose filter I really shouldn't need to do it to a brand new 2014 model bike. We'll chalk it up to owning an exotic bike... :roll eyes:

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC
Old 07-14-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_green View Post
^^^^^^^^Bugger!^^^^^^^^^
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 07-14-2014, 09:28 AM

WOW! Do you have a Hulk size right leg?
16' Specialized Fatboy trail
02' ZRX 1200r R.I.P.
72' Olds 500ci, Batten Heads, Street/Drag car, former CarCraft magazine centerfold (has-been)
15' TW200