Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 05-22-2015, 05:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton View Post
I'll just throw this out there, I haven't seen any pro riders use them.
I wouldn't buy one again, i like complete control of the clutch. Just my 2 cents.
Listen real close to the rekluse part of the video.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZCQmMAS1vw

Old 05-23-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
My 2 cents. Sell it and ride with complete control over bike. I can't understand why you would want to give up control of perhaps the most important input on the bike. I want absolute precision in when the clutch is engaged or not, even hung over my brain works 1000 times better than some ball ramp device at knowing how to put power to the ground.
I'm willing to wager that the Rekluse will always provide better clutch control, no matter how good you are, or think you are. The only people that have problems with Rekluse clutches are ones that haven't set them up properly, or are trying to use them the wrong way. It can provide finely tuned control at response times measured in milliseconds, when the best humans can only respond in about 1-2/10th of a second, which may as well be an eternity....

Set up properly, the Rekluse will still give you all the control in the world, but it will get you thru nasty & slippery stuff better than you could ever do by yourself.
Also, for every guy that thinks most of the pros aren't using them, think again. Many pros are using them, but won't admit to it for various reasons. Even David Knight admitted that he's using one.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:23 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
Listen real close to the rekluse part of the video.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZCQmMAS1vw
I would have to think about every pro has tested the auto clutch, I'm sure some use them.
I know a lot of guys that love them. If they make your riding more enjoyable great, by all means install one. It's not for me, they do have several draw backs.
I'll be abusing the clutch lever tomorrow on the 150
Old 06-07-2015, 01:01 PM

well im sitting here enjoying a sunday am coffee after last nites 30 km ride, with my 11 ec300 /rekluse equiped bike. 30 km took about 3 hr's and 2 gallons of sweat to get it done. granted i'm 56, and not chiselled like a MMA fighter any more.we are just out of 4 day's of solid rain, so everything is slippery log jumps, nasty muddy hill climbs covered in rocks, uphill loose rock faces that make you shudder when you see whats coming up, all mixed up with wet exposed bare roots and pecker poles, all mixed in on tight 1,2,3 gear type of single track. climbing up and over and around dead and fallen pine beetle killed trees is our normal type of a ride. the bush where we ride is fairly thick and you usually can't see far enough ahead to get a run at anything. Do i love my rekluse in this type of terrain- Damn Right i do! It equals more riding,less stalling and fatigue for me, and i can focus more on where and how i'm going to get though a feature, without having to focus on clutch control. which by the way,is tenfold better than i can do with a manual clutch, even the worlds best clutch, which is on the gasgas.