Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 05-09-2009, 05:24 AM

Default CRD Pro Rider Enduro Bash Plate

Great skid plate. Heavy guage aluminum. Excellent water pump protection.

Skid rattles after taking hits due to rear mounting lip bending. Rattling can be fixed by removing plate and bending mount back down.

Highly recommended.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:51 AM

Is this a new version CRD skidplate? Previous ones have been reported to be on the wimpy side.

Also is it made for the 07-09 bikes or did you modify it a bit to fit?

Pictures for everyone would be nice.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:43 PM

My CRD plate "rear tongue lip" broke after some enduro cross practice.

It never rattled, though. I also put six dollops of silicone around the front, sides, and rear. I squirt the dollops and (with the plate off) let the silicone get semi-cured over night. Then I put the plate on tight and let it cure some more.

I did the same to my new (and waaaaay over-priced) Frenchie skid plate. "Mech"-something. The front mounting bracket is just stamped steel so it will flex out of shape and cause the whole unit to rattle like crazy.

My fix was to weld a small gusset spanned across the back of the clamp to keep the lips of the clamp from bending inward. So far, with the weld and the silicone, no problems.

F_G has a different skid plate on his. Perhaps he'll chime in.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

The only CRD I have seen was made out of tin foil.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default crd

the crd on my 05 is junk, can't take any abuse at all. i was in the habit of removing it every other ride for a straightening. I'm trying something else this time.l
Old 05-10-2009, 10:06 AM

If you're prepared to do a little re-engineering (with a mallet, a drill, and a counter-sink), I thnk you'll be happy with the Flatland Racing skid plate. Mine has worked well for me. But they may no longer be made. Not sure.

I believe a B.C. company (Scorpion Racing?) makes a skd plate [and your US bucks should go further up here ].

And Moose makes a plate. As does Utah-something-or-other (Racing?).

I'd just search the forums here; it's a great resource.

Dale
Old 05-11-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post
F_G has a different skid plate on his. Perhaps he'll chime in.
Nope, I have the Mecasystems same as you. The Meca skid plate is a beautiful piece of artwork and protects pretty good so far. Just be ready to perform a lot of modifications to get it to function correctly. The drain hole doesn't match up, so unless you like to remove the plate every oil change be ready to hit it with a die grinder to line things up. The protective ear on the left side if you have big feet will interfere with shifting, my son had an issue with missing downshifts, we were wondering if something might be wrong in the tranny, bent shift forks or whatever, nope, skid plate was in the way, get out the die grinder again. Was on a ride a couple if weeks ago and suddenly my rear brake didn't work, nope wasn't the brake, the brake lever and my boot had hung up on the right side protective ear. Get out the..........not the die grinder this time, a couple of smacks with the dead blow and problem solved. I think I finally have all the issues figured out. Like I said, pretty and beefy, but kind of a pain in the butt.

Oh yeah almost forgot, like Rick said, front bracket is junk, spent some time this weekend with some 3/16" x 1" flatstock and beefed up the brackets on both bikes..........ok, now I'm done.