Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 08-09-2007, 06:44 AM

Once the plate is on the bike for awhile and takes a set, the longer bolts are not neccessary. I also did some grinding on the rear mounts so they fit better.

Still beating on it and it still gets an A+ from me! The head pipe took a shot from a hidden rock that would have folded it to the frame with a carbon fiber guard. The plastic had a good scrape and the header clamp twisted slightly. Just loosened it and it snapped back to position, thats it.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:21 PM

Man this thing is a mother #&*$#@ to put on! I took some of the advice given here for the longer bolts but Lowes & HD did not have long enough ones in stock.

Seems like it will fit nice once I get it installed. I think I am going to try a floor jack to help push it into place for now and see what happens.

Oh yeah instructions would be nice if they were included into the package. I hope the guys from hyde read this.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:31 PM

got my longer bolts at true value hardware store,once you snug up the front ones,the stock bolts can be used replacing the long bolts one at a time,no instructions came with my swingarm covers either,but its pretty self explainatory on the swingarm
Old 09-05-2007, 06:31 AM

I redid the entire mounting system on the thing. Made a new, stiffer, front mount. Heated and re-bent the rear mounts. Added steel inserts to the plastic, spacers, and upped the hardware to M6 from M5. Added rubber pads at the frame contact points. Now you can tighten it against the inserts, not the compression of the plastic, and its solid. I still like this unit and beleive me it gets used on my bike. Get some skid plate foam to pack between the pipe and motor/frame as its a shovel though. The pipe heat does not hurt the foam, BTW, I have it compressed against the pipe.

Kevin, how do the swingarm covers fit? I was thinking of those for more rock protection.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:00 PM

Thanks for the conversation Glenn!

I got the bastard mounted and I really like it. I put it on my stand and like to have pushed it a bit to hard as it almost fell off the other side.

I used teflon spacers in between all of the frame mounting brackets and that seemed to really help.

I could not find the stainless metric bolts so zinc with anti-seize will have to do for now until I order some SS hardware.

Also for those of you that buy the hyde be sure to go down to your local hardware store and buy a big hose clamp to go around the fat part of the pipe because the one I got when tightened was right up against my radiator hose! So I bought a new one and drilled the hole where it needed to be.

Thanks again Glenn!

Boom
Old 09-05-2007, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Kevin, how do the swingarm covers fit? I was thinking of those for more rock protection.
they fit good,they have a giant zip ty for each side that goes through the back of the swingarm,the front has longer hardware for the brake line holder,and longer hardware for the slider,thats it for mounting,but I siliconed mine on after talking to ryno who did the same to his,i dont like how it raises the chain slider up a good 1/8,but they do provide protection,I can snap a few close ups to show you what Im talking about
Old 09-05-2007, 08:00 PM

Sounds good.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I'm not happy at all with my Hyde for the FSE. After a medium rock hit, there was an extra hole in the bash plate, just under the footpeg, and the frame tubes under were bent. As it turned out, the plate could not take the abuse.
I still have the Hyde mounted on my kid´s bike, it is by far the heavy ride the FSE is, and I imagine the plastic could take the hits there.
The FSE engine sump sits low between the frame tubes, and I tend to come down hard on the bash plate when I am getting tired - riding rocks. Seeing what happend to the plate from the last hit, it is likely any sharper rock would cut through like a hot knife in butter.
After the first ride I noticed that the exhaust pipe had melted the exhaust guard part. The heat from the fourstroke exhaust had disintegraded the rubber supports, and then the pipe came in direct contact with the plastic.

Meltdown.

I'm now back to my aluminum plate.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:59 AM

Mine has a very small "pinch" like cut, only a few mm long, on the edge under the right peg where it came down on a rock. Other than that just some scrapes and small gouges.

If your hitting the frame/plate on a regular basis perhaps your suspension is too soft and riding too low in the stroke. This could also contribute to your other suspension issues.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Berger, get a B&B from australia. We use them and they fit great and are tuff.