Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 03-29-2010, 03:05 PM

whatever works. wire mesh was just what was convenient at the time

Old 03-29-2010, 03:16 PM

I use foam all the time when it is going to be muddy, as in the case of this mud race I did.

The foam is cheap and when you go to wash your bike, just pull it out. The foam is heavy enough to block out the mud and keep your bike from getting heavy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ParieCity08-1.jpg (78.3 KB, 58 views)
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 03-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

The Scorpion did come with a piece of foam I just haven't put it in yet.
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 07-18-2010, 08:33 AM

Buy Canadian, go with Sorpion HD skid plate.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:16 AM

The Scorpion looks like the best to me. I'm thinking of replacing the one that came on my bike. Mine works fine for me but a pain to take on and off and when I do take it off 1/2 the time I end up grinding flats on the side of the allen bolts because I end up stripping out the allens even after PB Blaster. How do the Scorpion bolts hold up in this regard and does the mounting (threaded) section stay on the bike when you take the skid plate off? Can the oil be changed with the skid plate on? and if it can, do you have room to start screwing the oil plug in with your fingers?

Thanks, Tim
Old 07-18-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutoff View Post
Buy Canadian, go with Sorpion HD skid plate.
I did. Nice fit and thicker than others. The chamfered front bolt holes need to be a little deeper to be flush like the back ones, but theres lots of material left to do it (see thickness at drain holes)
Oil can be changed with it on but I use an allen socket to put the plug in. No need to get fingers in there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scorpian.jpg (49.8 KB, 65 views)
Old 07-18-2010, 11:37 AM

Does the oil not hit the skid plate and run all over the place?
2010 GasGas EC 300 Nambotin Replica #141
2006 Honda XR650R Supermoto
Old 07-18-2010, 12:58 PM

i disagree with the hyde packing full of mud, if you modify it which is quite easy, you just take 2 steel pipe clamps and loop them around the pipe and slowly start heating the skid plate while drawing the pipe clamps in to fill the great big hole that is usually at the front of the bike.my buddy (WTEC on the forum) gave me the idea and the differnece on his six days to my nambo(which is still stock) is absolutly huge! if the packing of mud is a concern it shouldnt be with this unit if you spend a bit of time. the scorpion looks good(ive got the rad braces) but the pipe guard on the hyde combo is the draw to me, everyone i know with an eline has a wrecked pipe and dont think you can get better pipe protection than the hyde
Old 07-18-2010, 02:16 PM

I would think that would make holding the front mount bar a real PIA during replacement. It sucks enough stock. I made all new mounts with spacers and captive bolts and its way better, but you still need to hold the T bar at least for the first bolt. Welded on frame mounts would be the answer. The foam works good and you can pack it right around the header as its heat proof. I've had a love/hate relationship with that thing since I got it, a PIA to deal with but I still have the OEM pipe in perfect shape.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
Does the oil not hit the skid plate and run all over the place?
C'mon dude .... you new at this game??
Next time you use up a roll of toilet paper or paper towels keep the round cardboard thing. when its time to drain your oil cut said roll to size, usually about 2 inches long, insert said roll inside the hole in your skid plate and push it nice and tight up against the bottom of your motor. unscrew drain bolt ... oil stays inside your little cardboard oil tube and drains nicely into your catch pan. top of your skid plate stays nice and clean!! no oil drips on the shed floor from when you left it on the kickstand over night either!!! My moose skid plate oil hole was the perfect size to take a toilet paper roll. The scorpian is too small so you have to cut the roll length wise and roll it up a little tight. then when it springs open the tension keeps it in place. No tP roll?? any piece of bendy cardboard will do. Manila office folder cardboard is nice and flexible and rolls up nicely. One manial folder will get you through a season just about!!!