Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Australia & New Zealand

Old 06-05-2011, 04:18 PM

Default New To Gas Gas

Have just bought a 2010 EC300 and live in Queenstown NZ and was wondering who is the best dealer to deal through as far as parts and info go .

Old 06-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

HI Tony, welcome. Can't help with dealers down there, but as far as info goes, this forum is really good. Spend a bit of time on here and you will soon figure out the guys who absolutely know these bikes inside out.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:14 PM

Good one Tony.Sweet ride.As Baz says,this site is the best for info concerning GG.
Get your oem parts through your nearest dealer.They come from Auck anyway.Everything else just get online.
My old girl's done nearly 350hrs and has never seen a dealer.Owning a simple 2smoker enduro is just plain easy.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:33 PM

Welcome Tony. Looks like RICHARDSON MOTORCYCLES CENTRAL
2 WOLTER CRESCENT
CROMWELL
t. 03 445 0435
e. rmcltd@xtra.co.nz
is closest, however most any gg shop is good to deal with over the phone or email, so long as you dont mind paying postage. I get all my parts from in 2 days from email orders.

Feel free to drop in a comment about ms macs or tui should you feel the need... we all do it.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:43 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchatt View Post
HI Tony, welcome. Can't help with dealers down there, but as far as info goes, this forum is really good. Spend a bit of time on here and you will soon figure out the guys who absolutely know these bikes inside out.
....& those that don't have a clue .
Welcome.Noobi has alot of good contacts for an 8 year old.
I have about 50hrs on my 2010 300 so post a ride report when you can,will make interesting reading.But first of all,which pie is your weapon of choice?
Old 06-07-2011, 02:23 AM

try Linton at dirt action in christchurch he seems to have more parts in stock than the wholesaler
Old 06-07-2011, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg3 View Post
.But first of all,which pie is your weapon of choice?
Whilst munching on my third Mrs Macs steak and cheese the other day, I happened to read on one of the wrappers that they are actually made in Ausfkinstralia! I am gutted. It's like discovering that Gasgas are actually made in China...it just makes you feel sick inside, and makes you question your very being....Mrs Macs....Australia....nooooo...can't be. I could switch to Irvines curried mince, but, well, I used to monitor a trade waste system at one of their plants and saw some things a pie-eater just should not see...

Last edited by HuskyDude; 06-07-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:26 AM

Default Pie's

Well not really a pie eater , but if i was i certainly wouldn't eat a pie made in Australia , hahaha but if i was to have one it would be a Jimmy's Pie made in Roxborough . Have put 5.6 hours on my bike now and it is still amazing me with what i can do on it compared to my old kdx , first the power is awesome and so usable and this thing just eats hills that i had problems with on my kdx .
The suspension i left alone for the first couple of rides but i was getting quite a bit of deflection at low speed so have wound compression off 2 clicks on the forks then increased compression 1 click on the shock to see if that will even it up as i felt the back was softer than the front , we'll see how it goes but riding in Alex on sunday it felt better .
I also had a bad clutch squawk on take off right from the day i picked it up , i thought it might have been the clutch beading in but it didn't get any better so dumped oil out to night and put ATF in to see how it'll go , ran ATF in trans on my kdx and had no problems , took bike for quick spin and it also felt better as no squawk and no clutch drag .
Next step will be playing with the jetting a bit to clean up the transition from pilot to main and that should be it .
Old 06-07-2011, 07:41 PM

If you want to talk jetting, Linton will be able to suggest a good starting point, and a few needles depending on your pref.

Out of the box the jetting is terrible.

http://dasmoto.co.nz/